What am I, but a bike, anyways?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The overarching "theme" that any build off bike should have is in the summary line of the build off rules,

"build something cool and have fun."

I am confident you are going to do both!

At least you know you'll have some great before and after shots. Looking forward to seeing your final results.

Love the patina on your frame...Looks like it came out of 20,000 leagues under the sea.
20000-leagues-under-the-sea-poster-kent-taylor.jpg

Watch ya build.
1000-leagues-wallpaper.jpg

Alrighty, so after some collaboration with Missing Link in researching the make of my newest bike, we have wandered through the internet reaping no solid information. If anyone has this knowledge, it is valuable and we seek to know the truth!

Got somethings put together. Rolling a million and one ideas around in my noggin. Here's what I have thus far.
Photo1494.jpg
Photo1496.jpg

After I consume about half a pot of coffee more, I will begin taking the tank down to bare metal. Should be interesting. Seems rough under all the paint. Pictures of that later.

If you use some paper towels and polyester fiber glassing resin you could give the frame the rough barnacle look here and there then some browns and greens. Leave what ever is rusty that way and I think you would pull off the deep sea theme.

They sunk my ship also. USS INCHON. GREAT START GTB!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Love the rat trap springer.

I seem to have finished this build-off just in the nick of time. What with life doing as it does best, throwing everyone for a loop, I managed to finish up my bike without forgetting the wheels. Although I did forget to install a kickstand. Who needs that, anyways? Added weight to an already heavy bike.
I stripped the lower half of the chainguard to bare metal and let nature do it's bidding, put the springer fork on, and installed a head light as well as blue sparkle grips. I love this bike, and it was fun to build, to boot.
I give you the finished product.

And there you have it.

I like the way you did this bike...the frame was solid, you suspended it with a nice
fork, slapped some wheels and functional seat on it, and it's a bike worth riding!
I would have left the orig. bars (at seat height) on as well as the original rear
rack that I first saw at the begining, but with this picky artistic opinion aside, I like
it quite a lot! Thumbs up.

Back