What is the advantage of a fixed gear?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's not like that karfer. i mean people who dont ride bikes at all.
all my friends that ride that ride mountain, BMX, road, or vintage bikes have wanted to ride it. i of course let them

Ultimately, fixed-gear is a fad. You can list advantages and try to justify why everyone should ride one. But when the same exact thing has been around a hundred years, has been abandoned by 99.9999% of the cyclists in the world, and is then introduced as the greatest thing since sliced bread, that's a pretty good clue that it is trendiness at work, not superiority. Banana seats came and banana seats went. "Tank" frames came and they went. Wait 30 years, and fixed-gear bikes will be selling for $5 at garage sales, while some other wonderbike is the latest in-thing.

i am now just waiting to see the first production burrito bike :lol:

I read somewhere someone compared it to coffee, "its like drinking decaf for 20 years and then some giving you the real stuff" I love my fixed gear, I love my ss, I love my rat, I love all my bikes. Ride what you like. I recently brought my Benotto over to Terra Cyclery and the owner who has never ridden a fixed gear jumped on and loved it. Its not for everyone but it is worth trying at least once. I'm not a hipster I just build bikes for them.

I'm going to ride my bike now

i tried it and sorry not for me. then again i think of it as that rub your head and tummy then switching thing which i suck at too. but as you said to each his own just dont try to tell me it is the best thing since sliced bread. if u dig it then go for it.

Latest posts

Back