Wheel tire combo help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking at a 26" x 2.25 wheel and 26"x2.35" tire. Will this combo mount properly? Im new to the wider rim scene

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I'd use wider inner tubes. The universal 26x1.75 get stretched pretty thin. Yeah the 2.125+ tubes are more $$ but they don't leak out as fast.

I'd use wider inner tubes. The universal 26x1.75 get stretched pretty thin. Yeah the 2.125+ tubes are more $$ but they don't leak out as fast.
I agree. I NEVER use 1.75 tubes unless I have middle weight tires. For anything else I use the 2.125 tubes, sometimes 1.95-2.125 if it is all I have on hand.

When I first put my $20 Schwinn Cruiser Four back into service, I was running the tires and tubes that came with it. One evening ( by a mosquito infested swamp) back tire goes swish swish and deflates. My wife was with me, and she rode home to fetch our pickup - so I only had to walk a couple of miles... When I pulled the tire off someone put an 1 1/4" tube in the 2.125 tire! :eek:

Latest posts

Back