Where's Ur Build Off Bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ha ha....what was it we called that place...WINTERPEG... lolol

sorry! its a Canadian / B.C. thing... :wink:

for the rest of you....during the winter months in Canada you will find snow and very cold temps everywhere but here in British Columbia. We like to rub it in when we get a chance ... :mrgreen: I belive Winterpeg is one of our colder places besides up North.

FW

The Dead Parrot has been turning heads by the seaside and at the LBSs. Once I actually had to explain to a small group of LBS hang-arounders that it wasn't an old bike, it just looked like one.

My DFBBO bike donated a seat post bolt to another bike and has been u/s ever since. I've been meaning to get a new bolt for a couple of months, now. :oops:

Hugo

man
wish i had a build off bike :(

Firewalker said:
ha ha....what was it we called that place...WINTERPEG... lolol

sorry! its a Canadian / B.C. thing... :wink:

for the rest of you....during the winter months in Canada you will find snow and very cold temps everywhere but here in British Columbia. We like to rub it in when we get a chance ... :mrgreen: I belive Winterpeg is one of our colder places besides up North.

FW

It's spelled W I N N I P E G. :roll: Cold place = warm hearts :D

Mine is somewhere in bicycle limbo, floating around with the billions of lost washers that shot across the floor never to be found again. The build off happened at a very "busy" time this year. Maybe a few people would like to have a mini-build off just for fun with us "off schedule" rats??

OPS!! I forgot about it! :shock: No seriously, I've had little time to get to finish it up. I like the idea skoda dropped there, all of us that havn't finished our RRBBO2 bikes sould get together and set a new time and date to get 'em done! To date, I have the frame painted and the crank and forks are on it. Most of the parts are painted and ready, but the weather is stinkin' COLD and I need to paint the rear spokes to have the rims done. So just the little details left here. Any suggestions for a "re"-done date?

i agree
but there aren't many of em
i just REEAAAAAALY like that bike and how simple it is

THANKS! i appreciate it!

Going in the art show!!!!!

We have a really amazing local art show every year here in town. It's a nonprofit art gallery that started out hosting just one show a year. It started in a 24-hour greasy-spoon diner that was open from 1919 to 1985, called the Hygienic Restaurant.

In its later years, it was anything but. However everyone ate there, the cops, the businessmen, the hookers and the ****s. There was a saying, "Where the affluent meet the effluent," never more appropriate than in Downtown New London.

Anyway, fast forward to 1999, the arts group continued to have annual shows, the building had been closed for many years, and was threatened with demolition. Thanks to the hard work of MANY volunteers, it was saved and sold to the arts group. Now it has a 4-gallery space downstairs, 6 artists' studio/lofts upstairs, an outdoor garden, an adjoining performing arts stage, and public park! Once in a while, investments by the State of Connecticut pay off in amazing ways.

I helped save the building, restore the interior, find the original residents in 2000 (2 still live there), and help with the admissions process for new residents. I left the organization Board 2 years ago due to time constraints, but still help out when I can and support them with donations and art purchases. It's a really unique group of people working very hard to improve our city through the arts.

This weekend is the return of the annual art exhibit, the Hygienic Art Show. The rules are simple: No Judge, No Jury, No Fees, No Censorship. Everyone is an Artist. One entry per artist. That's it. Come in, sign up, find a spot and hang it/place it/lean it against the wall.

Their web site is here: http://www.hygienic.org
The annual show draws about 450 entries, and attracts over 5000 visitors over its two-week run. You can go 10 times and see new things every visit.

Anyway, whats it got to do with bikes? My RRBBO2 entry was the Downtown Rat Ross. It was one of a handful of 20" bikes entered and was a lot of fun to build up. I've turned the bike over to my welder/partner in crime, Justin, who has now added his touches with pinstriping and further detail work. The bike will be rolling art on the floor of the gallery!

Folks who are in the Connecticut area are welcome to visit the gallery- see Hygienic's web site for directions and hours! People come from hundreds of miles away to go to this, and it has spawned a similar all-night event in Pittsburgh! It's pretty cool stuff and you absolutely never know what you will see there!

--Rob

I tried selling her a few weeks ago along with a few other bikes. Nobody wanted her and I feel really guilty now for trying to sell her("Darn consiance thingy!" :D ), so it looks like im going to hold onto her. I striped the tank since the contest, I think I did pretty good for my first time striping.Its been too cold to ride it, its supposed to be in the 40's the next few days here in NE (I think we all might die of heat stroke..haha).
sellbikes015.jpg

sellbikes017.jpg

sellbikes016.jpg

Killafornia is hangin in the garage next to all my other bikes. i take it for spin everyonce in a while. i usully ride what ever project bike im workin on at the time... i got a fat tire (front and back) cruiser in mock up right now that ive been riding. 8)

Back