Wichita's Tandem Night V (photos & video added)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2011_Tandem_Night.jpg

Our 5th Tandem Night!
More info here.

Re: Wichita's Tandem Night V

With any luck, my wife and I will be there with the tandem we picked up at your swap meet last month. Gotta get some paint on it this weekend, but it should be finished in time for Thursday. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys! I went on the Canal Cruise but didn't really get to talk with anyone there.

Re: Wichita's Tandem Night V

Three-Wire said:
With any luck, my wife and I will be there with the tandem we picked up at your swap meet last month. Gotta get some paint on it this weekend, but it should be finished in time for Thursday. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys! I went on the Canal Cruise but didn't really get to talk with anyone there.
Hope to see you and your tandem there.

Last year the wife and I brought both tandems :roll: She wasn't too keen on that idea but my goal is to get the most tandems out as possible. We're down to one tandem so this year we'll ride double. Also this year I think the Grandkids we'll be coming with their tandem.

DSCF3106.JPG

Re: Wichita's Tandem Night V (photos added)

It was a beautiful night with a great turn out of bikes, both tandem and otherwise. Its so cool to see all the tandems and out of the 20 tandems I counted I don't think there were any two that were the same bike. I counted 6 steer from the rear tandems, a few of them were factory built , a couple of home built from days long past and a very recent nicely built almost Colson look-a-like sfr. It was a fun time, we stopped at three drinking establishments and a upscale womens store that one of the gals that rides with us had recently opened, the last bar was an open air bar where it was bike night we rode our bikes into the bar and parked right along side the Harleys and other motorcycles, the loud bike people thought the bicycles were pretty cool.
For me it was fun to see all 3 of my tandems out for the night with family and friend riding and Crazy Maes daughter and son in law got his parents tandem (a Hiawatha) and rode.
And good fortune was upon us, as leaving the open air bar the chain broke on the Hiawatha, but one of the guys, Kevin, happen to be parked a block away with a spare tandem in his truck, a Hiawatha, he pop the master link and handed me the chain, and a couple of minutes later the kids (they're 31 years old) were riding on down the street, what luck. Thanks Kevin,

Back