Windsor Tanker " the brewer's bike"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished a cycle today and thought I would lay it out for you.
the brewer's bike
Started out thinking I was going out to see an old 40's cycle but when I saw it in person I kind of thought it wasn't what I wanted. Two flats, parts in a box, fair amount of rust and the guy wanted over a hungee for it. It just looked too new to be a 40's cycle... had a Schwinn seat on it. It had decals that looked 60's that were really weathered bad.
I really felt I wanted to wait, old bikes come around again and again and out of nowhere the guy says "how bout $40" OK, Deal
Fixed the tubes. cleaned the frame. installed the chain guard and got it out on the road. A new B68 from Trinity helped worlds!
http://trinitybicycles.com/home/
windsordayone.jpg

Not bad rider. bent crank on chainwheel side but otherwise cool. 28Inch tires were crusty so I went to google.
Calhoun Cycle has Delta Cruiser tires for it. Color: Canvas. Price: $47 a pair to my door. OK, Deal
http://www.calhouncycle.com/

windsorolympia.jpg

A tank idea!

ammobox1.jpg

Pulled the bent crank arm. I have a straight one with a cooler chainwheel in mind. And those petals... argh

windsorborkedcrank.jpg

The fenders were installed along with a UMONGUS homemade mud flap from a truck floormat. Installed the rack.
Dealt with the crank and chainwheel. Good used period petals. Tank idea panned out. Having badges made. Rahr & Sons 8)
http://www.rahrbrewing.com/

NOW WE'RE BREWING BEER! :mrgreen:

Windsorfinishedleft.jpg

Windsorlongshot.jpg

Windsorcrankflappetalsshiner.jpg

windsorfrontel.jpg

zebrashiner.jpg

Windsorfinished.jpg

And to think... I was gonna pass on this one.
Guess that's just the way it goes. But once in a while, it goes the other way too.

Turned out really nice.Thanks for the link for the tires Ive been lookin for some like this...

I'll have you know Charles rode this single speed behemoth on a fitness ride a few weeks back. He was able to hang in there pretty good with people riding geared bikes weighing half as much. What a beast!

I love this bike! It looks so much better with the fenders, too, IMO.

Do you know what brand this is?

That rack is down with haulin' beer for sure and the cycle itself is a Windsor Olympia built in Mexico in 71' These frames with the 28 inch wheels were real common in the 20's and that's what I wanted, a 20's bike, but ended up pleased with how this one turned out for me.
I've herd the things are seen all over mexico and that they are also produced in India today.

Charles,

Just picked up this rascal on CL for $70. Serial No. 34, drive sprocket stamped Benotto, 28 1 1/2 wheels, rear hub stamped Frontier.

What do you know about this bike? Any idea where I can get parts?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cresent1.jpg

Way cool score! I like that you didnt let your preconceptions of 'what you thought you wanted' get in the way (it happens to me). You ended up with an earlier looking 'retro' bike, and whos to know it isnt if you dont tell 'em?, after all, it was based on the real deal.
BTW, Im :mrgreen: (and it aint easy bein' green......) :wink:

Charles, don't know how I missed this thread. Great looking ride!

(didn't see you at Rahr's @ the Trinity bike swap) :( (I did run into Doohickie) :D

That is a really nice looking bike, anyone would look at it and think it was ancient.
Don't fret over the newer vintage, just means it has more years left :)

Back