Woke me from a good sleep build new pics 8/9

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a night of adult beverages and smart talk I had planned to sleep in only to be awoken by the doorbell early this morning. An apartment owner had seen my sign for used bikes and dropped off a super low end Huffy mtb that was left behind by one of his tenants.
I needed the front derailluer cable for another project so I accepted the bike with plans of tossing it to the curb after removing the cable. Needless to say it is quite a few hours later and now I'm building a townie/touring/rat for no apparent reason.
Here is the shape of things to come.

DSC04675.jpg

I have been flying under the radar with this one, the family is too busy to realize that I have slipped out to the garage to work on the el cheapo Huffy mtb. Costs so far are a dollar and six cents thanks to a run to Uncle Bucks everything is a dollar dept. store for hardware. Ever waste a good part of an afternoon looking for that one fine threaded nut when all that you have is course threaded bolts?
The speeds are going to be cut in half on this one, five speeds now with mainly a Schwinn drivetrain. All of the parts other than the hardware are 'Genuine Junk parts' that have been lurking around here in the shadows. The only question that I have is, will that rear fender make my butt look too big?

decal_junk_parts_8771111_std.jpg

DSC04679.jpg

DSC04677.jpg

DSC04678.jpg

Re: Woke me from a good sleep build

deorman said:
Reason? We don't need no stinking reason! :p

If the wife is distracted by something else this is true, but otherwise there had better be a pretty good reason to soak up an entire Sunday on a bike that has no purpose. Cheers.

Back