Woody Build Updates

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Woody Build

The tank looks very cool, and I'd definitely give the wood chainguard a try, but isn't your wife going to be pissed that you used the front door for it? :mrgreen:

Re: Woody Build

Hammond Eggz said:
The tank looks very cool, and I'd definitely give the wood chainguard a try, but isn't your wife going to be pissed that you used the front door for it? :mrgreen:
LOL.... actually she is happy I am finally, after years, getting rid of all the really nice scrap wood that has been taking up space in the garage. :D

I cut a piece for the chain guard, which was way too thick. It also ended up with a small crack near the bottom. I do not have a Ban Saw to split it in two. I attempted it using a jig saw to start it, and then tried to cut the length with a modified Hack Saw. (I turned the blade sideways so I could use the frame as both the guide and cut the full length of the chain guard.) Of course, while attempting to cut it down the center, it broke.

I think I came up with another way to do the wood chainguard though. I am going to go back to the woodworking supply shop and get some matching wood venire. That way I will have the look, but without the thickness.

Well, I had a bit of excitement today! I received my springer fork today! :D It looks like it will need a lot of cleanup, and I will need to make the hole in the rocker plates larger to fit my axel. I may also need to widen the springer part a little to fit the fenders. I took some shots of it and of the rear rack i bought. I did a couple of mock up's. Let me know what you all think.

The Schwinn Rear Rack

RearRack.jpg

The Monark Springer Fork

MonarkFork1.jpg

MonarkFork2.jpg

The Mock Up's

Mocup3.jpg

Mocup2.jpg

Mocup1.jpg

The Fenders are not the ones I plan on using and neither is the light. I plan on replacing both with ones that are not misshapen. I also want to get a bullet headlight and some sort of taillight.

Thanks for the encouragement. Since I received the fork the other day, I have not had a chance to work on the chainguard. I need to go to the wood shop and see what veneers they have. I also really like the Monark springer. I think it looks cool and classy. 8)

Back