Worksman

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
This isn't anything very fancy, just a heavy duty bike I can ride to work and back and never worry about breaking down. I just bought this frame (great deal from ind-chuckz) and it will be mated up to a pair of HD Wald rims with knobbies. Those wheels, along with both stems and seat are from an Emory. Big Wald 52 teeth front with 22 rear for gearing should be just about right. Also, if anyone's spouse is complaining about your messy workbench, show them this pic:

1fe5ar.jpg

Must be Karma. I got the bearings greased and the sprocket mounted, but something didn't seem right.

ifwkmp.jpg

I think Worksmans usually have a 44 tooth or less sprocket. The mounts needed to be bent out of the way of the big sprocket:
I wonder if I can tell the year by the serial number.

jiibo1.jpg

The 52/22 combo may be a little too high, I might change it out to a 48/22.

33krm2f.jpg

I changed the plan but stayed with HD wheels. I added a SA 3 speed w coaster, 40 tooth sprocket, and a front wheel from a Mossberg tandem. (Thanks Crassley) Then a good pair of whitewalls. New seat and grips from Niagara. Finally an old Wald book carrier, barefoot pedals, and an old fender.

2a7bk1v.jpg

Lookin good there Wildcat, looks fast! I still want me one of those framesets, cards just haven't fell into place on one yet.

Back