Yeh Baby. It's done. "62-3-4? Hiawatha Flightlinerish

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, It took most of my free time for most of a week but I just rode it down to the corner store and man is it sweet. I wish I had before pics but my hard drive went belly up after I started this project so all the old pics are gone.

The "jet intake" on the font of the tank has been reconstructed using bondo.
Four or five hours of scrubbing chrome with 0000 steel wool.
Searched the city over looking for flat red paint. Then used up the only can I could find and had to go look for more flat red paint.
I was gonna bob the fenders but after I put it together to figure out where to cut them, I changed my mind. Anyway here it is.

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

VERY NICE love the detail...red tips and chain guard
can we get a pic of the jet intake thats a good idea :!:

Yeah baby!

I love it! I love those old "Space Race" bikes. They make awesome rats. I love the flat red accent idea. Makes it stand out. They do ride great don't they?!

Joe

Thanks.
No it doesn't have a light or a lens. No switch console either. I plan to make an l.e.d. setup for it when I can collect the parts.
Here are some pics of the tank.

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Thanks Ultra. The chainguard I did with a brush. The red on the dropouts were masked and sprayed.

Nice build. As Kev said, "the details don't go unnoticed". Very nice job with masking and painting. Thanks for sharing.

Resto

Back