Yellow band 2 speed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I've got a yellowband 2 speed Bendix hub that doesn't seem to roll freely enough. I gave it plenty of light oil, and it rolls better, but it still doesn't roll as freely as my other coaster hubs. I've adjusted it so it just has a very small amount of play in the bearings. In low gear, it makes a little noise as you pedal, high gear is quiet.

Are the 2 speeds normally this way, or is mine worn out? i'm trying not to take it apart if I don't have to.

2eeamuf.jpg

they should roll just as easy as any other coaster hub. the low gear noise is normal though. im guessing it still shifts okay since you can change gears. they may roll a little bit rougher than a single speed bendix but not enough to be concerned about. ive got a couple im rebuilding if you need pics later.

Thanks.

If it doesn't free up a little more with use, I'll probably tear it down to see if it will help. Then I'll probably need pictures.

Did you rebuild it? What kind of grease did you use? I always use white lithium for those things. Some of mine seem to have a bit more drag that others but not enough to notice when riding. The growl in low gear is indeed from worn parts. I've got red band parts but none for yellow. Gary

Back