Zaskar seat ideas?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok I got this older Zaskar frame, broke deralier hanger and all.
DSC02245.jpg

My plan is to donate the wheels off my wifes Dyno Glide Deluxe to it, fabracate some rear drop outs to bolt to the frame, pretty straight forward stuff.
DSC02247.jpg

I plan on using a Rock shock "Judy," I have on it, along with the photographed bars and stem, so a "Motocross," theme is going on, I have 2.125 knobbies or slicks, a set of steel huffy beach cruiser fenders to cutt into bobbers? or something suggested?

But the big issue, and not that big really, is the seat! I am a machinest, so I can fabracate brackets, ectra. I was thinking a bannana type seat, mounted to pivot at the seat post, then spring with shock(s)/spring(s)????? From the old brake bosses.
DSC02248.jpg

Unfortunately cost is an object, the wheels are 26x2 alloy coaster brake, with red rims, my tires are all black, I am stuck with them. As are the bars and stem, cranks are yet to be aquired, anybody got any cook brothers to sell?
Any ideas and suggestions will be appreciated, just keep it sunny side up!

You can get derailleurs that mount to your axle so the broken der hangar is not a deal killer. If memory serves, the Zaskar is the top of the line GT mountain bike. I have never seen a GT with a banana seat. I think it would look great with a sprung banana seat, bmx bars and a rat trap fork.

Back