Desert Rat-ified Columbia

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet bike. I love that background in the first pic.
That's an art piece about the importance of 'water' to life. Real interesting, and lots of rusty parts. At the entrance to the canal trail in downtown Gilbert.

Never underestimate O.J. He didn't just age the tires, he rusted that entire background in the leadoff pic...:bigsmile:
Once again, the rustmeister showin' us all how it's done.
Super Job. :thumbsup:
Haha! That's 'natural' rust in the background Franco, but thanks for the kudos! :grin:
This was a fun build for sure. And very solid rider.

Might have to breakaway from the beach next year to the desert to ride some Back40 South bikes....or do a trip this fall 'up north'. As always....nice 'rustina'!
Thanks Wil! It's probably my turn to head SE and do some beach riding at some point. Might be a couple years away, but we'll get there.

Hope to see you this Fall!

Thanks Wil! It's probably my turn to head SE and do some beach riding at some point. Might be a couple years away, but we'll get there.

Hope to see you this Fall!

Oh man that reminds me of beach riding ...I used to go nuts, about 10 miles a day of beach riding..
By far the best beach for bikes I found was Sullivan's Island, Isle of Palms, outside of Charleston, S.C. Low tide, sand is packed, smooth and hard,
Too mushy in this part of Florida to beach ride, same at Cape Cod and Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard..area, sand too deep. Georgia's outer Islands are very good. Maryland has a national seashore which was miles of fairly hard packed pure white sand...lovely.
and that's the beach report for today....WHERE do you ride?
:happy: F.

Attachments

• beach.jpg
    beach.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 234
Very nice classic Rat !!! I love a Columbia frame & fork . I bet the bike rides perfect feels great . Nice choice on the tires & the grips ... Rat on and Rust in piece [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice classic Rat !!! I love a Columbia frame & fork . I bet the bike rides perfect feels great . Nice choice on the tires & the grips ... Rat on and Rust in piece [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks G! It rides great! Got the fit down with that lay back post and bars / grips and tires really make this an all-day rider.

I think that Monark frame looks better with the Columbia for than it does with a regular Monark springer.
Sweet execution my friend. Coloration and patination is perfect as usual!
Great job!

I think that Monark frame looks better with the Columbia fork than it does with a regular Monark springer.
Sweet execution my friend. Coloration and patination is perfect as usual!
Great job!

I wondered if anyone else had noticed that this is actually a Monark frame... good eye, KF...:crazy:

@OddJob , love the bike... looks awesome. I'm headin' to the voting booth now.

I wondered if anyone else had noticed that this is actually a Monark frame... good eye, KF...:crazy:

@OddJob , love the bike... looks awesome. I'm headin' to the voting booth now.
Yeah, oddly (there's a real pun in there, I'm sure @kingfish254 will get it) enough, somebody posted a frame just like mine on the facebook RRB site asking some questions about it just a week or so ago. Oh well. The fork is guaranteed Columbia! :21:

Ha.... it's funny how that kinda thing works. A lot of folks get the 50s Monarks, Westfields (Columbia), and Synder (Rollfast) bikes confused b/c of the wishbone seatstay treatment. Personally, I love it when the stays are set up like that.... the secret to ID is in the dropouts.

Latest posts

Back