GET-A-GRIP Bicycle and Wagon Show, Swap Meet, Poker Run March 25, 2017

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2017 is here and advertising is in full swing for the GET-A-GRIP Bicycle Show, Swap Meet and Poker Run. Never heard of us? Check us out on Youtube and Facebook under the same name: "GET-A-GRIP Bicycle Show" This year it will fall on March 25, 2017 at the same location: Stuart School 802 20th Street Cleveland TN. Gates open at 10 am for everyone with registration from 10 am to 12 Noon. The day will end at 3 pm with awards. Poker Run starts at 11 am on our 9 mile Greenway and ends at 1 pm. It is a loaded day of Family Fun, Food Vendors and a live DJ spinning the tunes. As always, Award for Best Top 20 bicycles, Peoples Choice and Best of Show. This year for more added fun we are opening up a class for pull wagons. Many of you have a wagon you use for swap meets and now is your chance to compete for Best Top 5 and Best of Show. All proceeds from the show benefit the American Cancer Society. Show entries are $5 each and Vendor spots are only $10 each. One you are in you are in as for safety reasons no vehicles are aloud on the grounds between Noon and 3 pm. BEST OF ALL, WE GIVE AWAY A BICYCLE EACH YEAR! Someone will take home this late 40's Roadmaster. Hope to see you there!!!!!
G A 2017 B.JPG
G A 2017 B.JPG
8.5x11 color poster AI.jpg
2017 Wagon AI jpg.jpg

Looking forward to your event !! I hope you can make it down here to Commerce GA 3 weeks Prior to the Swap Meet I'm organizing as well !
(listed here on RRB as S.E. Vintage Bike Swap Meet)
You could certainly promote your show to a huge crowd that gathers for the monthly N.E.GA Swap Meet! Your Custom Wagons would be a Huge Hit !! :113: See you soon! CCR Dave

Show Promotion is going great and have been getting so much great feedback from everyone and we appreciate everyone. This year is shaping up to be the biggest bicycle show ever!!!! We hope you have this date marked on your calendar for it will be one you will not want to miss!!!

Met a lot of great people down in Commerce GA promoting the show at the swap meet today. Dave did a great job of promoting and had a great turnout of swapmeet vendors. Already looking forward to going back in the fall. We are now only 3 weeks away from our show and for all of our facebook friends, Hope you are following us as we get closer to our big show. Don't forget we the gates opening at 10 am and the show will be over at 3 pm. We have a lot in store for that day so don't miss it!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who is planning to come. Thanks to Smoopy for being a sponsor this year!!! Also glad to hear he is going to take some shots for KBM!! It's always great to see RRB crew at the event. We are now 7 days away!!! Lets see what you have built this Winter at the show!!!

Can't wait!
TRM is proud to make it's public debut of the new 'TRM Christy Saddle' at this weekend's GET A GRIP show!

Come by our vendor space for a look and to say hi!

101_2943.jpg

Last edited:
Look forward to seeing everyone Saturday. The Gates will open at 10 am for everyone! If you are coming up on Friday night, be sure you have reservations just to be safe. We have lots of hotels but we have been known to sale out from those wanting to stay away from the Chattanooga Rat Race. There is a lot of beautiful scenery around Cleveland especially heading east out HWY 64. We are introducing a new Award this year: Best "Thinking Outside the Box Award". Let's see who will take home this new award for 2017? Have a safe drive in and the weather for Saturday is looking better every day!! See you there!!

As I write this, it is 9 am. We are only 25 hours away from SHOW TIME!
I can't say to much but we have a celebrity that is going to be there tomorrow and you will not be dissapointed unless he backs out. I will have more details by lunch today. The Weather? AS of right now they are saying the rain will not come into Cleveland until after 7 pm long after we are gone! YIPEE! Praise the Lord! So with that being said load up everything you have from Family, Bikes, Wagons and parts and come on!! Let's have us a good old fashioned East TN Good Time!

Sorry guys, Someone saw the American Pickers van in town and thought? But it was just a friend of mine from Nashville that comes to the show each year. It was a great thought for about an hour until I realized who it was. OKay the weather is going to be great so do not let that stop you, Come On!!

Sorry guys, Someone saw the American Pickers van in town and thought? But it was just a friend of mine from Nashville that comes to the show each year. It was a great thought for about an hour until I realized who it was. OKay the weather is going to be great so do not let that stop you, Come On!!
Good old Dave.

This was our 6th year for hosting the GET A GRIP Bicycle Show and this was the best weather so far and one of the largest turnouts to date. I am doing all the paper work now as I am a numbers guy and will post more information later. Thanks to everyone and I do mean everyone: well maybe not #22 that decided to leave all of his stuff he didn't want in his vendor spot, but to everyone that came a big THANKS! We will post a video once it is complete for you to say, Why didn't I go?

This was our 6th year for hosting the GET A GRIP Bicycle Show and this was the best weather so far and one of the largest turnouts to date. I am doing all the paper work now as I am a numbers guy and will post more information later. Thanks to everyone and I do mean everyone: well maybe not #22 that decided to leave all of his stuff he didn't want in his vendor spot, but to everyone that came a big THANKS! We will post a video once it is complete for you to say, Why didn't I go?
Another great job David!

I can't say to much but we have a celebrity that is going to be there tomorrow and you will not be dissapointed unless he backs out.
Well, I did see Andrew Logan.:emo:

As they say truth is in the numbers. GET A GRIP #6 was the largest show to date! Thanks to you we were up 6% over last year which we thought last year was good. We had a total of 38 different vendors who purchased 40 swap meet paces to make this thing huge! So many new faces this year!! As you know we raise money in the fight against Cancer and want this to be a fun event for Cancer Survivors to come and enjoy the day. To give you an example of what happened this past Saturday: As lady comes up and said she had been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and came all the way to support the cause by riding in the Poker Run. Low and Behold, Wow, She won 1st place in the Poker Run and won a $100. You should have seen the smile on her face! It reminds us of why we do what we do. We also unveiled the 2018 Giveaway bike for next year: 1935 Montgomery Ward Hawthorn. You read this right, this bike will be given away in 2018, I will give you more updates in post ahead. Thanks again for everyone making this such a huge success.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    255.8 KB · Views: 278
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 261

Latest posts

Back