RRBBO13 The Giant Killer - Tapping Out :(

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A complete flip of a cruiser. The question is, does ye wife know what you did with her cruiser?o_O

Inspiration pics.
Should have put these in the first post, I guess :bigsmile:

DutchTriumph-Edwards-706955.jpg

mid-60s-Ironhed-chopper.jpg

2fd9f7e279dcc4a901e86e91633bc98e.jpg

@GuitarlCarl is the Man!

Can't wait to see this painted and ready to ride.
They're rough but in the time frame we're in they might have to do... but IF they work out we can cut some better ones. I'm also hearing rumors of an epic photo, with 3 bad bikes from the Chicago Taildraggers!

Carl.

Got any pics bro?

Carl.
Was in Iowa this weekend so haven't got any work done.

But I stopped by Ichy Bike while in Des Moines and picked up some mirrors for the build.

Great store and great guy running it. I wanted to take home all the custom built skateboard seats he had, but sadly not in the budget. :giggle:
20180625_202745.jpg

20180625_202805.jpg

Cool shop. I'll have to check that out sometime. My brother lives about 30 mi north. Might be time to pay him a visit...:wink1:

Gave myself some buid time this evening.

Finally got it back down to just the frame.
20180703_193059.jpg

However! Most of my time was spent problem solving and tool improvising to get that .... crank removed. Now here's the problem...

THAT is a ruined spindle in a sealed BB cartridge.
20180703_193119.jpg

And I don't really have the money in the build budget to get a new cartridge and more so a BB tool.

So I'm not sure what I'm gonna do now.

Some things to think about.

Did you try a crank puller?

crank-puller-labeled.jpg

Did you try a crank puller?
Yup

Crank is off, but spindle got ruined in the process.

I think my puller is missing the end foot bit, so I had to adapt it, first test on the non drive side ruined the splindle. Second idea worked fine on the drive side.

Last edited:
I might have what you need...
I think its a cartridge in a 95' Schwinn hybrid I have been robbing parts from.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back