MBBO/BMXBO 2020-2021 RULES - READ FIRST!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Awesome

👑 Lord of Irrelevance
Staff member
Admin
Pro Member
Reaction score
Off season build-off is on again!

Combined MBBO 2020 (Muscle Bike Build-Off) and BMXBO 2020 (BMX Build-Off)

Class 1 is the classic MBBO

The 2 out 3 rule: Must meet at least 2 of the following 3 options:

1: Rear tire larger than the front. (Wider or taller or both.)
2: Banana seat.
3: Muscle bike appropriate bars. (Apehangers, steering wheels...)
You can have all three options!

Class 2 is the BMXBO and the rules will not be restrictive as long as the build keeps with the traditions of some form of BMX. Common sense applies so let’s not delve too deeply into definitions. Bring on your BMX, Scramblers, Cruisers, side hacks, etc…..

* Build Off starts Oct 1st 2020 and ends on March 1st 2021 at 9:00 pm CT.

* You are expected to start a build thread in the appropriate class “Build Journal” section and post progress pics as you go. Please don't just build away and expect to jump in at the last second with a finished bike. You can enter at any time before the deadline, but the build must not be finished when you enter

* You must post a thread in the appropriate “Finished Bikes” subforum for your class once your work is complete. Please make the first photo in your finished thread your top choice as it will be the photo used in the voting process. If your builds rideability is questionable please provide a riding picture or video, just to quell that question from those that like to cause trouble

* Multiple entries from one builder are allowed, but they must have their own build threads as well as their own finished threads and be entered for voting separately

Good luck and in the immortal words of @Jake Sensi "GTB!"

1974_yamaha_goldcup_13465_n.jpg
slingshot_ad_graphic.jpg

Last edited:
Great job Cap'n A. Great send off for a theme build off. Looking at the rules it looks like i can now use a "brats" bike to build something in either category....perfect...:p

1601483596025.png

Tried to post the first build.. Its saying not allowed. Also had issues logging into the site on my PC today.

Tried to post the first build.. Its saying not allowed. Also had issues logging into the site on my PC today.
What do you mean? You're trying to post a thread for the build off? Those forums are locked until the start time

Quick question, is customizing the frame okay? If not I have one back here that just needs to be resurrected

Well........there's no rule prohibiting it. We've had frame mods in the past. I'll leave it up to the other builders to decide what's prudent. I'd say jump in and go

Latest posts

Back