Top 5 dream motorbikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dream bikes, top 5 only. This was actually kinda tough, a lot of good bikes didn't make the cut. I surprised myself when no HDs made the list, and no EVs.

1. Triumph Scrambler 2006 - 2016
I've wanted one of these since they first came out. The perfect bike, looks great, you can cruise on it, commute on it, bash through the bush, and it has enough pep for the twisty fun roads. Strong aftermarket bolt-on doodad community.
12436861757907.jpg

2. Anything by Deus ex Machina
Everything they make is gold. I'd take any of their builds. Even a TW.
A Deus Ex W650 would cross two off this list.
deus-ex.jpg

3. Kawasaki W650 1999 -2007
Great looking bike and motor. Looks authentic retro even up close, without the oil leaks. Excellent starting point for a cafe racer, bobber, street tracker, and a thousand other builds.
W650_4.jpg

4. Ural Patrol 2WD
2WD, retro, Russian, sidecar.
I mean...
6063-e1603395952739.jpg

5. Triumph Bonneville Bobber 2020
New one added to the list this year.
Would answer my love for both trumpies and bobbers.
ape hangers.jpg

Honorable mentions:
HD Crossbones
HD Sportster
Triumph Speedmaster
All EV bikes
Royal Enfield Bullet 500
Honda Shadow 1100 ACE. I already owned this bike, but feel like we have unfinished business.

Post your list here! Include pics!

82 Yamaha XJ650R
View attachment 150500
Honda Magna 750
View attachment 150501
Vf400
View attachment 150502
RZ350 for the blue smoke
View attachment 150503
Black Lightning
View attachment 150504
The only two I would realistically buy, ride and survive, would be the Seca and the Magna
Being unrealistic knocks them out of my top five. That's why there's no Brough Superior or BSA golden flash on my list.

I like that there's a Vincent and a stroker on there.

That vf400 would be sweet for zoomin round town

The Kawasaki W650 was an all time favorite of mine but I was racing motorcycles off-road at the time and the bucks to buy one wasn't available. I did however buy a spanking new 1982 6oo cc Seca that was a two year old unsold inventory bike at a very good price. It had a flat spot at around 6500 rpm and once passed that to the 10k redline it pulled like a missile.The major flaw with it was a head shake that started around 100 mph. In a street race one time the head shake was so drastic that it swapped between both lanes curb to curb multiple times before I could finally get it under control. Kept it under 100 mph after that.

One I would add to the list is the Royal Enfield Bullet 500. Pure back road exploring goodness. I'd add a photo but I keep getting server weirdness when I try.

The Kawasaki W650 was an all time favorite of mine but I was racing motorcycles off-road at the time and the bucks to buy one wasn't available. I did however buy a spanking new 1982 6oo cc Seca that was a two year old unsold inventory bike at a very good price. It had a flat spot at around 6500 rpm and once passed that to the 10k redline it pulled like a missile.The major flaw with it was a head shake that started around 100 mph. In a street race one time the head shake was so drastic that it swapped between both lanes curb to curb multiple times before I could finally get it under control. Kept it under 100 mph after that.

One I would add to the list is the Royal Enfield Bullet 500. Pure back road exploring goodness. I'd add a photo but I keep getting server weirdness when I try.
RE Bullet 500 got an honorable mention on my list. Some days it probably makes into the top five. Depending how I'm feeling.

Let's see your list of 5 @Couch tater

Hmm who else?
@deorman
@Captain Awesome

No particular order

BMW R50
Honda XR650L
Champion framed Yamaha XS650
Harly XLCR1000
Kawasaki KLR650

I had a KLR650, absolute blast of a bike, so many backroad adventures on that one.

I keep getting an error message when I try to post images

Last edited:
No particular order

BMW R50
Honda XR650L
Champion framed Yamaha XS650
Harly XLCR1000
Kawasaki KLR650

I had a KLR650, absolute blast of a bike, so many backroad adventures on that one.

I keep getting an error message when I try to post images

I tried to upload some images for you, but I'm getting an error as well now, but only on some image :39:

For me, big single and twin cylinder torque is where its at. Thumpers are my top choice, followed by twins (Vee, opposed, vertical, their all good). I have a 1971 Super Glide shovelhead stroker as my lone motorcycle now; pure violence. It makes the fillings in my teeth swap places. Leaves a trail of parts it shakes off every where I go. Can't keep filaments in the light bulbs. I'm getting too old for a ride like that, probably will part ways with it soon and go shopping for a thumper.

For me, big single and twin cylinder torque is where its at. Thumpers are my top choice, followed by twins (Vee, opposed, vertical, their all good). I have a 1971 Super Glide shovelhead stroker as my lone motorcycle now; pure violence. It makes the fillings in my teeth swap places. Leaves a trail of parts it shakes off every where I go. Can't keep filaments in the light bulbs. I'm getting too old for a ride like that, probably will part ways with it soon and go shopping for a thumper.
I like a parallel twin. Though I've never owned one, so maybe I'd hate them of I did :bigsmile:

Vs are always great especially the big lopey 1000cc plus kind. Love the look of horizontal twins, especially old beemers

Love a 4stroke 250 single . Except when they dress em up in plastic and try to convince new riders they're a "race bike". Looking at you Honda.
Never tried out a 500 single.

I appreciate the medium and large capacity 4cyl four strokes for what they are, and their impressive performance, but I have no real desire to own one.
I also feel like I've just missed the sweet spot age to own one too. Where your reactions are still nice and sharp but you've earned a cool head and healthy survival instinct.

There is one 4cyl engine that will always have a spot in my heart. That's the 250cc 4cyl four stroke from the 1997 CBR250cc. My first bike. Four pencil size cylinders with a stroke about as long as your eye blink. Flying at 19,000 rmp, no I didn't add an extra zero by accident.
I better stop talking about it or I'll get all emotional and start writing poetry.

1. If I could have my 67 Tiger back, but made with current state of the art machining and materials instead of leftover chopper project parts.
2. Kawa W650, Not much different from #1. :grin:
3. Harley Duo Glide.
4. Honda Pacific Coast. I'm probably the only one. :rofl:
5. BMW R75/5

4. Honda Pacific Coast. I'm probably the only one. :rofl:

Those things were underrated. We had one way back when I worked at the Honda dealer. I'd take that thing home all the time just for fun. My wife would laugh that I'd leave on a CBR900 and return on the PC

Pacific Coast is a new one to me.

How's it different from a Goldwing?
Seems like it would just take up Goldwing market space.

Pacific Coast is a new one to me.

How's it different from a Goldwing?
Seems like it would just take up Goldwing market space.
Smaller nimbler

800cc v twin based on a shadow 750. No top trunk to keep a low COG. It was the Griswold station wagon of bikes at the time

Latest posts

Back