Over the Rainbow by Murray - Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
index.php

Inspiration for this build. As kids my friends and I all wanted chopper bikes with extended forks. Total lack of funds led to the process shown above. We would cut the legs off an old fork and jamb them over existing bike forks. We had no access or knowledge about welding so we would use big wood screws jammed into the gap to hold the extensions on during wheelies! These are at least welded... :)

index.php
index.php

Build thread: https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/over-the-rainbow-by-murray.113157/

Last edited:
I like those bars.
Thanks. I was wondering about them and the grips. I was worried they are too BMX ish.
My option would of been another BMX type bar with a crossbar. Probably painted maybe remove the crossbar. Want to add a bell but the grips interfere. But they are pink. Maybe add the bell to the stem?

Cool re-creation of a childhood passion! Bet you had a flood of memories back to those days building this HF! Well done! :41:

That is a fun looking little ride!!!!
I really dig it. CONGRATS!

Looks like something Unk in them varmints would build! Perfect!
img106-jpg.565111

Thank you for the nice comments guys. This one was kinda begging to be built. So many polished builds here, but this was fun to build! Thank you Crash and Rat Rod for the opportunity!

Latest posts

Back