End of an error

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a mistake in buying this. First, I didn't research prices so I (probably) over paid. Second, I was in a hurry and didn't really inspect it well, so when I got it home I found some problems I should have noticed before I bought it. Third, I didn't research my intended use (gas conversion) but found out later that 29ers aren't the best choice for that, especially for a first build. So... sell it at a loss or...?

First problem I found was that the front tire wouldn't hold air for more than a day so fixed that first and spent the day riding it. I really like the way it rides so I decided to keep it, fix the things I don't like, and spruce it up a little. Gearing is great for level roads but too high for going up hill and too low for going down hill, so eventually I want to put a 3 speed hub on it. I hate the grip angle on the handle bars, so I'm replacing those asap. In between those... new paint, bob the fenders (or maybe just get rid of them), and a back rack. Should be an easy first project to get my hands dirty for the first time.

huffy-29er.jpg

Yeah, moon bars can look cool, bit they usually suck functionally on pedal bikes.
Carpal tunnel syndrome? No, doctor, I haven't been typing a lot, but I have been riding my bike with moon bars.

wrist.jpg

Latest posts

Back