Anybody got one of the new Orange Krates or coal krates? I have a question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In Arkansas bombing the trails on a Dayton.
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I’m currently building a replica Grey Ghost and want the drum brake front 16in wheel with the alloy rim.

I contacted Schwinn to buy one and they said it was bicycle specific and I would need a serial number and date code off of one.

It obviously isn’t specific so can anybody help me out?

There are people selling that drum brake hub. The question is how many spokes are they putting in those front rims? As long as they are in the same multiples to half them (e.g. 16 spokes opposed to 32 spokes or 18 versus 36 spokes), 9/10 mechanics could build that wheel; a few can figure out how to lace something different. I guess I am saying it is not a totally impossible feat. Or, someone here could give their serial number.

I had to do what you’re doing on other items, myself. I understand that they are trying to protect their own market.

I figured it would be easier to get the whole wheel from them than to buy all the parts separate and have them built. I have a shop that could do it but I’d rather try to get it first.
Dude- I get it! Maybe someone here will buy a Krate and give you a serial number. If I get a Krate, I will get you a serial number.

Got from a Orange krate owner on Instagram. In case anyone else wants to go after the same idea as me.
1473ACD5-8BF7-49C1-A76A-C9DBB9F3A3CE.jpeg

Latest posts

Back