New Member from N. Alabama

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High function modern bikes do find themselves welcomed on here as well, it's a pretty inclusive crowd.

That's great to know there are 2 of you in the general area. Do you ride the bikes on the road, with the seats that look as if they would hurt to sit on? In traffic with no bike lanes? Or do you stick to the neater older versions of bikes.

Mostly I stick to off road (gravel roads or mountain biking) or roads in my area.

Those off roads are best. I would be too nervous to ride with traffic. Heck I drive in this traffic and know many of them are crazy.
That is why more than a few of us are involved in bicycling advocacy at levels beyond just representing by riding. Yes, just getting out and riding a bicycle is at the very least the simplest form of advocacy, IMO. The more there are out there, the more people will realize bicycles do belong and are not just a child's toy or recreational equipment.

I would love to see roads wide enough for a bike lane so it would be noticed more and be safer. Old back windy, curve country roads can be very hazardous for bikers. There is a road near me that is a series of S curves. And when I went to the cubicle job, most mornings in good weather there would be a biker. After the first time or two I was more conditioned to expect him and be extra careful. But the road is not wide. So it is hazardous.

A few decades ago, my only means of transportation for several years was by bicycle, but now it's just a hobby. Fortunately for me, the W&OD rail to trail conversion is about 2 miles from my home. There is also the C&O canal something like 15 or 20 miles, but I haven't ridden it in a years. It's across the Potomac river by an arduous hilly urban trek to ride to it, or a trip by motor vehicle only interstate. I see by googly eyes there appear to be some interesting trails for pleasure riding in the Huntsville area.

Welcome Angie…maybe you could adopt a user name relative to the rat rod bikes forum. Just a suggestion. We’ve known Steve as RatRod for ever.

@MazdaFlyer That sounds like a neat idea. Now for me to think up something. Maybe some of you could give me some ideas.
RocketRat, or maybe RockRat. I'm sure you get it, but for the benefit of those who might not, Huntsville is known as Rocket City.

I've got the steel one above, plus another two aluminum versions twenty years younger, mine and wife's. They're great all-arounders, big bang-for-bucks factor.

Latest posts

Back