Build Off 16 Prize Pot

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Build Off 16 Prize Pot

This thread is for us to post up any prizes we want to give away for Build Off 16.

First off we all get a cool bike that we each have built as our own prize if we finish! But to sweeten the pot, anyone that feels like going one step further can award a prize based on whatever criteria that you choose. Just keep in mind that it is possible that your prize may require International shipping (in the past we have usually been able to pool together funds to help offset any international shipping though). You can post what you plan to give your prize for and post pictures of the prize if you have them. This is all voluntary and works on the honor system.

Since I won BO15, I will continue the tradition of the previous years winner building a trophy for the next years winner, just as @The Renaissance Man did for me.

1623181033278.png

5th Place Flexy Prize

I'll also offer up a prize to 5th Place Class 1 like I do every year since that is where I placed in my first full build off in BO7 with Flexy.

This years 5th Place Flexy Prize will be one of these Gangster Skull Toppers with moving eyes and cigar.

01.jpg

Prize built thanks to @kingfish254 suggestion

Need a classification to award it to though. Taking suggestions

IMG_20210624_141244981~2.jpg
IMG_20210624_141231486~2.jpg
IMG_20210624_141220506~2.jpg
IMG_20210624_141206858~2.jpg

Stainless mirror pan off a Mack truck, Walmart sprocket, chrome arm from some chopper turn signal, and one of my paint plaques for this year. 20 minutes of hacking and bodging in between conference calls. Unbolts so I can pack and ship flat"ish"

Last edited:

View attachment 162410View attachment 162411View attachment 162412View attachment 162413

Stainless mirror pan off a Mack truck, Walmart sprocket, chrome arm from some chopper turn signal, and one of my paint plaques for this year. 20 minutes of hacking and bodging in between conference calls. Unbolts so I can pack and ship flat"ish"

That is one super cool trophy. Not sure what category for ya though. Look back at some of the other Prize pots for inspiration.

That is one super cool trophy. Not sure what category for ya though. Look back at some of the other Prize pots for inspiration.
I was thinking of klunk/strand/off road/bmx (maybe subjective??). Most total votes regardless of category type thing

I don't know 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 162410View attachment 162411View attachment 162412View attachment 162413

With the number plate, klunk/bomber/bmx makes sense. The idea of most votes sounds good.

But with the number 187, maybe it could go to the bike that you personally think "murdered" the competition... Though I'm pretty sure we all know who it would go to already.

With the number plate, klunk/bomber/bmx makes sense. The idea of most votes sounds good.

But with the number 187, maybe it could go to the bike that you personally think "murdered" the competition... Though I'm pretty sure we all know who it would go to already.

Alright so I think this one will go to the top vote getter that is klunk/strand/BMX/off-road as deemed by yours truly. Total number of votes earned regardless of class. If there is a tie, I'll make two ;) and of course my klunkie build will not be in the running

IMG_20210624_141206858_2.jpg

Alright so I think this one will go to the top vote getter that is klunk/strand/BMX/off-road as deemed by yours truly. Total number of votes earned regardless of class. If there is a tie, I'll make two ;) and of course my klunkie build will not be in the running

View attachment 162987

The Killa Klunkie Award!

View attachment 162987
Shoot. I was a shoe in, right up to the part about "votes earned"

Any other prize pot ideas out there?

Latest posts

Back