24” Girls Rolumbiafast!!!! (Not Rollfast or Columbia!!!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, so, I know how rare and special this bike is.

I mean, who wouldn’t watch, with bated breath, as an “ultra valuable” 24” girls Columbia gets a makeover!!!????

Lol

I picked this bike up about two years ago. I think at the time I was debating opening up a bike manufacturing company and I was going to experiment on this..... I was going to target women as I think the 24” bike is HIGHLY underrated.

Cooler heads prevailed, (my steel factory connection did not want to diversify into bike frames!) so now I have this girls bike hanging in my basement.

My eldest daughter just graduated college as a nurse, (#1 in her class: Flex! Flex!) and as many of you know, Is headed off to the Navy (ODS) early this fall.

The past year or so, she has frequently joined me on my club rides with the Syracuse Classic Bikes club. (Many of the members appreciate having a nurse on rides in case of the sudden need for CPR) lol

Late last fall she saw one of our club members had a rockin’ cool 24” boys bike with apes and a banana seat.

I told her I had something similar to that hanging in the basement and could build her one if she wanted one for our monthly rides. -she thought that sounded sort of cool.

.....and it sat.....

So, this weekend, Syracuse Classic Bikes is doing a 4th of July ride and baby Jude #1 is up for the ride!

So, surprisingly, as a first, I may have a number of family members going on the ride and could actually use an extra bike as a bunch of my fully functional bikes are in storage due to my housing chaos!!!

I’m going to sling this bike together so it’s rideable this weekend, then maybe hop it up a bit before the deadline so she can take it wherever she gets stationed to cruise her local parks or rec’ area.

Here we go.
4C5C747D-27DA-44B8-9C52-4B56BC031C89.jpeg

421BBBFE-5C34-47C3-A5E5-D6C5329784CA.jpeg

Last edited:
I think I got the cart before the horse….. anyone have any idea what this thing is or was? (Besides a 24” Columba!)

is it complete or is it missing a tank or a rack?

Sweet. Glad you're in the mix, Jude! Congrats on the kid. Mine just got out of Senior Kindergarten (mini flex!) I can't imagine the challenge students faced this year.

Sweet. Glad you're in the mix, Jude! Congrats on the kid. Mine just got out of Senior Kindergarten (mini flex!) I can't imagine the challenge students faced this year.
Thanks Matti!!!!

As a "senior year nurse", and with a shortage of nurses due to COVID, they threw her right to the wolves.

As she juggled studies, her clinical time was definitely off the charts.

That kid spent a TON of time working on the COVID floor here at Crouse in Syracuse for a big part of 2020.

With all the remote stuff going on, her college in Rochester was super flexible on where she did her clinicals so she was able to live at home, attend classes via zoom and rack up major field experience, here locally. (the hospitals were also paying her stupid $$$$ as well)

Fortunately, we all made it though safe. PPE gear and exit process & protocols from the hospital all seemed to work great. She got in a ton of learning and is gearing up for her Navy challenge.

I put on the BLO

I globbed it on heavy at first to cover the rust, then pulled off as much as I could with a dry rag after.

So, I had a surprise pop up for tomorrow night when I was going to assemble this bike for the Saturday ride:

I had a friend call me and he’s trying to dump a bunch of middleweight bikes.

I gotta go....

So, if I get back at a decent hour, I’ll throw this together. If not, we’ll see if I can dig out another bike for Navy girl.
67ACA82D-24F9-45B0-8C1B-8D7199264530.jpeg
90CE9F05-F7C2-4EA6-BAB8-D32ECA100568.jpeg
6C8EC205-EA65-450B-A5BA-F7768FE9BEEE.jpeg

The dropouts with the slots for the fender brackets are a giveaway as being a Rollfast (Snyder made bike). The chain wheel is also definitely Rollfast. Those slotted dropouts came in around 1952 and ran well into the 60's. But your chain wheel is early 50's, so I'd guess it's a early 50's bike. Look under the BB, Snyder did a reverse year digit thing until around 1955. The sequence number was under the date stamp. Mine was 24 EH, meaning 1942. They also used SN, the other factory designator. So, 35SN would be a 1953 bike.

The dropouts with the slots for the fender brackets are a giveaway as being a Rollfast (Snyder made bike). The chain wheel is also definitely Rollfast. Those slotted dropouts came in around 1952 and ran well into the 60's. But your chain wheel is early 50's, so I'd guess it's a early 50's bike. Look under the BB, Snyder did a reverse year digit thing until around 1955. The sequence number was under the date stamp. Mine was 24 EH, meaning 1942. They also used SN, the other factory designator. So, 35SN would be a 1953 bike.
Thanks @Wildcat !

I saw a 4 digit number on the bottom bracket, but didn’t think it was long enough To be a serial number!!!

the stamp was also not well done and it looks like 2 full digits and 2 half digit!

I’ll see if I can get a pic’ tomorrow!

Thanks again for your help!

Latest posts

Back