⭐ ShowBoatin' ™ ⭐ FINISHING TOUCHES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Proof of concept...

IMG_20210630_095641624~2.jpg
IMG_20210630_095650948~2.jpg
IMG_20210630_095659674~2.jpg

I like the starz on there.

Rockstar!

Photoless update. Frame and fork are FINALLY stripped, sanded, and smoothed to my liking and ready to prime. A few dings that were too deep to sand, but it's a 76 so it has some character

Stripper
Power tools
220 dry
220 wet
Red scotch brite
0000 and WD-40

Providing the weather cooperates, we should prime tomorrow!!

Hope you are able to get it primed, looks like Wednesday is gonna be a washout due to that tropical storm.
That's why I sanded until I couldn't feel my fingertips today. Time crunch

Shot the high value areas and joints early this morning. Came back with a full coat. Then let that simmer for a few hours. Scotch Brite, and then a second full primer coat

Just got the second coat on as the first crack of thunder came down 😬

IMG_20210706_141202568~2.jpg

Now we wait..........

Edit.......I need to mow my lawn and do some edging 🙇‍♂️

Last edited:
Man I love the shape of that frame! Wishbone stays and loopy rear end.
* side note: does that channel in the background empty into a larger body of water?

Man I love the shape of that frame! Wishbone stays and loopy rear end.
* side note: does that channel in the background empty into a larger body of water?
It's actually a standalone pond. Each of our concentric "blocks" have one in the middle. Good gator watching

Glad you got some paint on. Luckily Elsa doesn't look like she's gonna effect us a whole lot.

Scuffing the primer today and we'll see if the weather allows for some base coat or not 🤞
Got done cleaning out storage today and was feeling ambitious. Went to grab the forks and dust on a base coat and was stopped in my tracks. Operator error..............

When I sanded everything down I last used 0000 and WD-40 to smooth out the surface and add a layer of rust prevention against our unrelenting humidity. Before I did my primer coats I had cleaned everything with mineral spirits followed by denatured alcohol. Applied liberally. But apparently much latent WD was hiding out in the crevices. The entire bottom of each fork leg is darkly stained by what I assume to be oily creep from the crevices. So I started sanding and then got frustrated and walked away. No photos due to immense frustration

Latest posts

Back