Gravel bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which Trek? Steel, or aluminum? Pictures!
20210614_152948.jpg

I am morphing my old Lotus Eclair into a fixed gravel bike.
Tires as fat as I can fit.
A pair of rings up front and a Dingle in back.
And to keep it swampy a set of bullmoose bars for up front.
I need brake levers and a shim for the stem on the bars. I will order them when I order the nuts and other needed parts for the Fixed Pain build.

I am morphing my old Lotus Eclair into a fixed gravel bike.
Tires as fat as I can fit.
A pair of rings up front and a Dingle in back.
And to keep it swampy a set of bullmoose bars for up front.
I need brake levers and a shim for the stem on the bars. I will order them when I order the nuts and other needed parts for the Fixed Pain build.
Very nice

But, does it still count as a gravel bike if I take the drop bars off? 😉
I live on a dirt road, so all my rides have at least a mile of “gravel” my commute to work is about 14 miles, 6 of it on a dirt road or a canal bank.
I want this for the days I’m not on my HARO escape, which has new bars and new rubber. It’s almost a mountain bike again.

But, does it still count as a gravel bike if I take the drop bars off? 😉
I live on a dirt road, so all my rides have at least a mile of “gravel” my commute to work is about 14 miles, 6 of it on a dirt road or a canal bank.
I want this for the days I’m not on my HARO escape, which has new bars and new rubber. It’s almost a mountain bike again.
Any bike is a gravel bike ;)

Rainy day upgrade

Ditched the heavy 170mm "PROWHEEL" cranks for some 175mm Shimano I had in a box. Stuck in a Shimano BB as well and went to this aluminum 38t narrow wide ring. Definitely lighter, definitely cooler, and should definitely make at least 1.21 jiggawatts

IMG_20210713_132521687~3.jpg

Hmmm. Note to self............may need to reset saddle height now

Latest posts

Back