Half-Penny Acoustic Conversion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the Gallery for my current configuration of my electric 29er penny farthing. Getting ready to go bare down to the frame, powder coat, and rebuild with a pedal hub front end (disc brakes, freewheel). Even odds I end up dropping a Golden Motors 12" hub drive in the rear wheel as well, but that's for later consideration.

Hub and cranks are JR Drift Trikes, sold by Flatout. I gave up on finding an empty matching rim, and just bought a fully built front, Haro Legends 29er. Gave my buddy doing the trueing the surplus spokes and hub. The pedal hubs (freewheel, disc brake ready) are UNITS, so there was no chance of reusing any of the spokes. Odyssey pedals, and I'm planning on a Vans BMX Purple Camo tire.

Photos of the wheel build, and a quick video. Enjoy the clicking.

received_239561977603630.jpeg

received_265302002033491.jpeg
received_279481317259336.jpeg
received_823304934829200.jpeg
received_1375836566131176.jpeg

Last edited:
Check the Gallery for my current configuration of my electric 29er penny farthing. Getting ready to go bare down to the frame, powder coat, and rebuild with a pedal hub front end (disc brakes, freewheel). Even odds I end up dropping a Golden Motors 12" hub drive in the rear wheel as well, but that's for later consideration.

Hub and cranks are JR Drift Trikes, sold by Flatout. I gave up on finding an empty matching rim, and just bought a fully built front, Haro Legends 29er. Gave my buddy doing the trueing the surplus spokes and hub. The pedal hubs (freewheel, disc brake ready) are UNITS, so there was no chance of reusing any of the spokes. Odyssey pedals, and I'm planning on a Vans BMX Purple Camo tire.

Photos of the wheel build, and a quick video. Enjoy the clicking.
View attachment 164724
View attachment 164723
View attachment 164724
View attachment 164725View attachment 164726View attachment 164727View attachment 164728
Very interested in this. I've had a build in my head for awhile and wasn't sure how to pull off the drive side. This gives me fuel to revisit

I'd be interested if you could share links to your hub and drift sources

Very interested in this. I've had a build in my head for awhile and wasn't sure how to pull off the drive side. This gives me fuel to revisit

I'd be interested if you could share links to your hub and drift sources

What have you had in mind?

Smart Pie 5 Vector is a fully contained hub motor and controller rig. I've got a spare 36v Reention case battery that I think I can mount to the back half (downward slope) of the penny frame, but any 24-52V battery will do. ( Goldenmotor dot bike ) This is their only hub motor in a 12" format that has an integrated controller, and the only one on the market, period, as far as I know.

Hub and matching cranks came from flatoutdrifttrikes dot com . There's a few other options for freewheel pedal hubs, with or without disc brake compatibility. Look up the freewheel unicycle group on Facebook for more info about those.

What have you had in mind?

Smart Pie 5 Vector is a fully contained hub motor and controller rig. I've got a spare 36v Reention case battery that I think I can mount to the back half (downward slope) of the penny frame, but any 24-52V battery will do. ( Goldenmotor dot bike ) This is their only hub motor in a 12" format that has an integrated controller, and the only one on the market, period, as far as I know.

Hub and matching cranks came from flatoutdrifttrikes dot com . There's a few other options for freewheel pedal hubs, with or without disc brake compatibility. Look up the freewheel unicycle group on Facebook for more info about those.
Custom frame fat bike penny farthing :D

Latest posts

Back