What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My KHS 10-speed, which is a tribute to the bike I had in middle school.
20210723_115040.jpg
20210723_115052.jpg

Maiden voyage was last night's group ride. We ended up at a little place called The Broad Axe. They finally have live music again now that COVID restrictions have lifted.
imagejpeg_0(3) (1).jpg

20210722_211120.jpg

We didn't notice till we were leaving, but the name of the band is The Derailleurs...
20210722_220922.jpg

is that a Hutch in the back of the group photo?
Good eye! It is indeed a Hutch Trick Star in Futuristic Black or whatever they called that hammered metallic looking paint. Our rides tend to consist of an eclectic mix of bikes.

Good eye! It is indeed a Hutch Trick Star in Futuristic Black or whatever they called that hammered metallic looking paint. Our rides tend to consist of an eclectic mix of bikes.
I need to roll with you guys one day

Where are you located? If you ever find yourself in Western MD, let me know. We can even arrange a loaner bike if you don't have yours with you...
South Carolina my friend

The original question is "What have you been riding?" I had a hernia repair in mid June. The surgeon just gave me the OK to ride last week. This was after being off the bikes for 6 weeks. I tried it a couple of days last week and got sore. This week I have been out twice (yesterday and today) and have logged just over 10 miles each day. My go to bike is my '09 Chinese Schwinn. I have thousands of miles on this bike as I often ride it about 250 to 300 miles a month. All is has ever needed was replacement tires, one chain replacement and I have put bottom bracket bearings in it. I grease it often and keep it out of the weather. I think these modern bikes are actually much tougher than they give them credit for.

Here is a shot about 5 miles in on my ride today. I stayed on the pavement, just thought this might make a nice picture.

Back.jpg

Last edited:
Travelling for work. Spinning some miles in and around Augusta GA today. Rode the tow path trail, north Augusta SC Greenway and the river levee trail in a big loop. One ride, two states

And I saved a turtle that was in the middle of a busy 4 lane bridge! 😀

IMG_20210728_192247890~2.jpg
IMG_20210728_191639775~2.jpg

Latest posts

Back