⭐ ShowBoatin' ™ ⭐ FINISHING TOUCHES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None. After PRIMERGATE 2021, I have just been letting it sit and cure. I didn't want to have any more work go down the drain. Next step is gonna be my base white and then on to the sparkling stuff

Maybe tomorrow 🤷‍♂️

Looking forward to the sparkling stuff!!!!
CHEERS!!!!

1627352274150.png

Alright........after the primer debacle, I sanded it back, cleaned again thoroughly, and reapplied. Then I walked away for a few days as well as did some travel for work. In spite of mother nature conspiring against me every single day (rain, wind, humidity, rain, more rain, monsoon) I managed to lightly sand the primer and get a very light base coat on it today. Nothing fancy, just some satin white to help the glittery stuff pop more

IMG_20210802_172215132~2.jpg

And now there's thunder in the distance which means my cruel mistress demands I bring everything back inside yet again......

Stay tuned ratters. More to come I promise

I'll take the rain the next day or so, if it knocks the edge off of the 115 humid heat index days!!!

Alright........after the primer debacle, I sanded it back, cleaned again thoroughly, and reapplied. Then I walked away for a few days as well as did some travel for work. In spite of mother nature conspiring against me every single day (rain, wind, humidity, rain, more rain, monsoon) I managed to lightly sand the primer and get a very light base coat on it today. Nothing fancy, just some satin white to help the glittery stuff pop more

View attachment 166900

And now there's thunder in the distance which means my cruel mistress demands I bring everything back inside yet again......

Stay tuned ratters. More to come I promise

I feel ya bud, I managed to barely get color on my fork and chainguard today. Had to paint early in the AM before the humidity got too high, was able to get them ‘dry’ enough to bring them indoors to cure for a couple of days.

Wet sanded the white base while watching the rain outside. Keep on waiting for weather breaks to keep forward momentum

Also chopped up two bikes and harvested pieces as I compile what will hopefully become my RRBBO 17 entry. Scavenged a head tube, seat tube, dropouts, 2 springer stems, and a set of disc brakes. Now I gotta find a rear 20" fat wheel (OCC probably) and a BB for the same 🤔

Latest posts

Back