Rocky

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I decided to work on Rocky today instead of cutting the grass lol. My vision is really starting to take shape. I appreciate you looking and I hope everybody is having a great summer!
engine 2.jpeg
engine 1.jpeg
engine 3.jpeg
...... 1.jpeg
...... 2.png
...... 3.jpeg
engine 4.jpeg

Last edited:
So its been a minute since my last post, summer is flying by but I have made some progress on Rocky. I figured out how to attach the lower part of the tank. I used a pocket jig, its one of my favorite tools in the tool box. I also attached the shifter, it came off a old 40s lathe which I think is pretty cool.!
lower 1.jpeg
lower 2.jpeg
lower 3.jpeg
lower 4.jpeg
lower 5.jpeg

This has a great overall look and vibe! Keep up the good work. Grips and saddle next? Lay back seat post?

This has a great overall look and vibe! Keep up the good work. Grips and saddle next? Lay back seat post?
Thanks OddJob, yeah I have some clay grips for it. I’ve been trying to find some clayish colored leather for the saddle. Definitely going to try and lay it back. I have a standard seat post and a lucky 7. I plan on cutting the standard post and slipping the lucky 7 inside and welding it in place.

September is right around the corner, so I have been using every free minute on Rocky. I figured out how to run the plug wires. I used the pocket jig again, which makes a perfect hole for the wire. I also had some copper tubing laying around from a old plumbing project, so I used it to make the exhaust. My friend Remy from France sent me a really cool headlight and after making a few brackets of which I did not like, I was about to call it done for the day and tripped over the cutoff piece from the bobbed rear fender and I said to myself...self, I could make that work for the headlight. Busted out the belt sander and wah-lah....!
pocket wire.jpeg
bob 1.jpeg
exhaust.jpeg
1.jpeg
9.jpeg

September is right around the corner, so I have been using every free minute on Rocky. I figured out how to run the plug wires. I used the pocket jig again, which makes a perfect hole for the wire. I also had some copper tubing laying around from a old plumbing project, so I used it to make the exhaust. My friend Remy from France sent me a really cool headlight and after making a few brackets of which I did not like, I was about to call it done for the day and tripped over the cutoff piece from the bobbed rear fender and I said to myself...self, I could make that work for the headlight. Busted out the belt sander and wah-lah....!View attachment 166523View attachment 166527View attachment 166529View attachment 166531View attachment 166532
I think using that fender piece to mount the headlight was a solid solution to your problem! It even ties in with the rear fender! Looks like Rocky's just about finished!

I love that speedo tuckerd under there, and now I am thinking why did I ever have mine mounted above....

Here’s a few pictures of the speedo and horn I intend to use . I was able to reverse the mounts on both so they hang under the bars.View attachment 166820View attachment 166821View attachment 166822
I really love the steampunk vibe you have going on in this build! The machine parts, claxon horn and speedo add to it as well as your paintjob and choice of parts!
Keep the good stuff coming! I'm especially curious as how the other side of the tank looks... :wink1:

Latest posts

Back