Cook Brothers current value

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thoughts on what this frame is worth? After bouncing around garages in my family for the last 35+ years with a couple detours to significant others where it managed to shed the original forks and well, everything else I think it's in need of a new home. Is it past it's prime in terms of demand or is value still on the rise? Thanks in advance.
CookBros2.jpg
CookBros3.jpg
CookBros4.jpg
CookBros5.jpg
CookBros6.jpg
CookBros7.jpg
CookBros8.jpg
CookBros10.jpg

Very very much in demand right now. Quite valuable. The bmx cruiser market is quite hot right now, and that is arguably the best of them. They aren't making any more, so in that sense, value should continue to increase, but demand is impossible to predict

Copy. Thanks for the info. Is it worth the effort to source all necessary parts to make a complete vintage cook bros bike? Worth the effort in a monetary sense, meaning a complete bike would command a premium over aggregate parts cost, (regardless of how high that may be). Or does the coveter of this frame more frequently/universally prefer to build to their own specifications?

Selling for more than their weight in silver, currently.

If you are in to bikes, than tracking down the parts and building it up could be considered fun. But, if you are just looking to cash in...it probably isn't worth the hassle as parts are big bucks and hard to come by.

It is worth hanging on your wall as art, as is :grin:.

That low serial number will add 50% to the value alone, frames go for 5k + now a days on ebay..that is the place to sell it. Yours is worth more than others just on the serial alone. A frame/fork and uni clamp stem went for 11k a few months back.... I think demand and the prices are still on the rise until the people that were kids back then and are middle age men now, age out. Once being able to pee standing up and not crapping one's pants become a reality for these dudes the demand will drop with the price. The same thing happened with Sting-Rays.

Last edited:
Some interesting info turning up on this frame.

Craig Cook claiming it was his and was stolen back in the day.

‘records’ showing it was sold in 2014…

curious.
Curious in many ways.......

Certainly don't need to tell you all the sketchy going's on that happen with these high demand collector parts. Lots of posturing and scheming

I had a set that looked just like that. 45deg break right through the logo
Those TLPs were not as strong as they looked. RF got tired of replacing them and sent me some DH cranksthat are still on my Ventana.

I have snapped a few Shimano cranks too, along with a few pedal spindles.

Latest posts

Back