Huffy Rail Question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a bike I had when I was a kid. I still have it but I certainly am no kid anymore. It sat in my dad's garage for over 40 years. I have had a hard time tracking down much about this particular model. Since it is only a single speed model. I honestly do not remember if it has always been one speed or if it was modified. I don't think we did any modifications when I was younger but I cannot say that with 100% certainty.

I have the bike now and honestly I plan on trying to sell it due to my space limitations. I just cannot find any info on an approximate price in it's current condition. Any info on this bike would be greatly appreciated.
pnh4xtszj
pnm1z3S8j
pmEY6afyj

I got one a while back off this forum that was less complete than yours...it was in a package deal, I think it cost me a hundo, or a bit more, including shipping. I think most would consider that a 'good deal'.

If you want to get your best deal on it, list it on the for sale section here and on your local classifieds for what you would consider a stupid high price, and then lower it a bit each week til you get a bite. You can also ebay it, just beware of the fees and always list for the minimum you'd be willing to take + fees. Ultimately, it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it at this time.

Good luck!

That is a desirable bike. The longer frame makes it nice for taller people. It seems to be in great shape. Yes most were multi speed but I do not see telltale signs of hand brakes and the like. True parted out on ebay is you biggest profit with the most work. I would throw a price of $250/OBO + shipping and see if anyone bites. If it was my Dads I would find the space for it even if it became a wall hanger.

I got one a while back off this forum that was less complete than yours...it was in a package deal, I think it cost me a hundo, or a bit more, including shipping. I think most would consider that a 'good deal'.

If you want to get your best deal on it, list it on the for sale section here and on your local classifieds for what you would consider a stupid high price, and then lower it a bit each week til you get a bite. You can also ebay it, just beware of the fees and always list for the minimum you'd be willing to take + fees. Ultimately, it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it at this time.

Good luck!
Thank you. I considered eBay but as you mentioned the fees have become incredibly high. Between eBay fees, PayPal and even a fee off the shipping costs it has become a lot less desirable place for me to sell much of anything. Not to mention the pain it would be to box it up and ship it. I am leaning towards Craigslist. Smaller audience but I have done well with it. I may consider the sales area on this site. I will look into that further. Thank you for the help and insight.

That is a desirable bike. The longer frame makes it nice for taller people. It seems to be in great shape. Yes most were multi speed but I do not see telltale signs of hand brakes and the like. True parted out on ebay is you biggest profit with the most work. I would throw a price of $250/OBO + shipping and see if anyone bites. If it was my Dads I would find the space for it even if it became a wall hanger.
I was thinking of starting it around $250-$300. I can always lower it if I don't get any interest. This was actually my bike. It just sat in limbo up at dad's waiting for a new owner whomever that ends up being. Yeah there are no signs of this bike being modified and turned into a single speed model. I am going to look into selling it on this site and also Craigslist. I am in Northeast Ohio. Thank you for the help.

The Gold Huffy Rail was only made one year 68 I believe. It came as a 3 speed only. It also had a 20 x 1.75 wheel on the front not a 20 x 1 3/8 wheel and fork. So that pretty cool yours is built like that. The serial number on the rear drop out will tell the year. It should start 8H I would start at $500 on it. Rare color and model plus really nice paint.
1630466412513.png

1630465112133.png

Last edited:
The Gold Huffy Rail was only made one year 68 I believe. It came as a 3 speed only. It also had a 20 x 1.75 wheel on the front not a 20 x 1 3/8 wheel and fork. So that pretty cool yours is built like that. The serial number on the rear drop out will tell the year. It should start 8H I would start at $500 on it. Rare color and model plus really nice paint.
View attachment 170585

View attachment 170583
This is the serial # on mine.
rgd1zU.jpg

Latest posts

Back