Any thoughts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok rewording my prior post, I would like to know if anyone has a clue as to what this bike is the pic the headbadge is not correct the bottom bracket # is C08178 will be grateful for some feed back

Attachments

• sb2 - Copy (2).jpg
    sb2 - Copy (2).jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 52
Need to see more of the frame. Show the full frame including the rear dropouts.
Modern springer fork and Columbia style chainring with modern chainguard.

Need to see more of the frame. Show the full frame including the rear dropouts.
Modern springer fork and Columbia style chainring with modern chainguard.

Attachments

• schwinn bought.jpg
    schwinn bought.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 46
  • sb2.jpg
    sb2.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 46
  • sb4.jpg
    sb4.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 48
  • sb6.png
    sb6.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
Get a full side view of the whole bike too.

If that serial number is on the bottom bracket it doesn't match any of the BB numbers for Schwinn.
If it is on the left rear dropout, then it would be a May 1952 frame. But that serial number format is not correct for Schwinn if it's on the bottom bracket.

Be interested to see the dropouts. Screams Columbia to me

Maybe just the photos, but the Schwinn headbadge looks to be not centered and since it just has the single screw it would lead me to believe it's just screwed into the top whole for a smaller badge

Be interested to see the dropouts. Screams Columbia to me

Maybe just the photos, but the Schwinn headbadge looks to be not centered and since it just has the single screw it would lead me to believe it's just screwed into the top whole for a smaller badge

Columbia chainring, but the junction between the the seat tube and seatstays don't look like Columbia.

Depending on how much you paid for the bike, it may not matter what brand it is. Currently my area's craigslist has at least a half-dozen Schwinn claims that are either ignorant, or a straight up lie. Other lowly sales tactics or ignorant claims common with bicycles on CL are "vintage" and "antique", whereas Vintage normally means 40 years old (unless stating the vintage year like "1995 Vintage") and Antique means 100 Years or older.

I think that rack is repop Columbia or repop Western Flyer

Latest posts

Back