• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Felt MP Rat Patrol $500 Utah

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AAE23CBE-FA8C-4CDE-A811-8013144EF7C6.jpeg
I found this sight about a year ago and have lurked here ever since. I found a Felt MP Rat Patrol after I sold my Electra Staight 8 a few years ago and my Rat Fink before that.

To make a long story short, I bought the MPbut it is too small for me. I bought a stem extender to raise the bars but it still is not comfortable. I’m going to with an Electra tank bike for comfort only. Love theFet look and how they do a theme correctly.

this bike has the original black bullet valve stems and small saddle bag. There are a few imperfections which I have tried to capturethe worst of with photos. Mainly the chain guard is slightly bent but could be straightened a bit more. You can see the paint chipped by the rear seatstay and the bending by the bottom bracket. Also there is some paint chipped on the right side of the top tube as shown in one of the photos. There is some finished removed by the shifter as well. Overall the condition is good and is great mechanically. I even re soldered the wiring to fix the light so it all functions correctly.

As far as I know, the previous owner brought the bike from Oregon to Montana. I then purchased it in MT and brought it to Utah. I have a box to ship it in (just received a new MTB and haven’t disposed of the box) but this thing is super heavy and it would cost a bit to ship. I would also worry about the fenders getting bent.

I figured I would see if anyone wants it here because of the love for these types of bikes. I want it to go to a good home and not get destroyed.

Attachments

• C7EDC4DE-6016-4D0A-B1C3-3A2B6B280395.jpeg
    C7EDC4DE-6016-4D0A-B1C3-3A2B6B280395.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 182
  • DCA1ED44-4254-4632-B2C1-B7231EC952AD.jpeg
    DCA1ED44-4254-4632-B2C1-B7231EC952AD.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 43F0F555-DF66-4E5A-ADA8-6E57B1DAFCB5.jpeg
    43F0F555-DF66-4E5A-ADA8-6E57B1DAFCB5.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 185
  • 734609F5-9D01-40C8-A472-BB685196A27F.jpeg
    734609F5-9D01-40C8-A472-BB685196A27F.jpeg
    543.4 KB · Views: 182
  • ABD5CEB5-CEE7-4E0B-B1C2-48B579E89030.jpeg
    ABD5CEB5-CEE7-4E0B-B1C2-48B579E89030.jpeg
    304.2 KB · Views: 187
  • F2FA1978-B020-460B-AC8D-7FF86116FFCF.jpeg
    F2FA1978-B020-460B-AC8D-7FF86116FFCF.jpeg
    291.6 KB · Views: 187
  • DE96D44A-51EE-45AA-BB51-E0912C4BC8F6.jpeg
    DE96D44A-51EE-45AA-BB51-E0912C4BC8F6.jpeg
    416.7 KB · Views: 191
  • 17840CE6-9E8F-4EB9-B757-72EE1CF1A983.jpeg
    17840CE6-9E8F-4EB9-B757-72EE1CF1A983.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
That's definitely a nice collectible.

As far as comfort goes, have you tried an Electra Delivery? Out of all the bikes I've owned, the Delivery with a brooks saddle and the front rack removed has been the most comfortable ride in my opinion.

As far as comfort goes, have you tried an Electra Delivery? Out of all the bikes I've owned, the Delivery with a brooks saddle and the front rack removed has been the most comfortable ride in my opinion.
I have not tried a Delivery. I tried a Flying Sue and it was very comfortable. However a Brooks saddle would probably improve the comfort. Thanks for the tip.

View attachment 157702I found this sight about a year ago and have lurked here ever since. I found a Felt MP Rat Patrol after I sold my Electra Staight 8 a few years ago and my Rat Fink before that.

To make a long story short, I bought the MPbut it is too small for me. I bought a stem extender to raise the bars but it still is not comfortable. I’m going to with an Electra tank bike for comfort only. Love theFet look and how they do a theme correctly.

this bike has the original black bullet valve stems and small saddle bag. There are a few imperfections which I have tried to capturethe worst of with photos. Mainly the chain guard is slightly bent but could be straightened a bit more. You can see the paint chipped by the rear seatstay and the bending by the bottom bracket. Also there is some paint chipped on the right side of the top tube as shown in one of the photos. There is some finished removed by the shifter as well. Overall the condition is good and is great mechanically. I even re soldered the wiring to fix the light so it all functions correctly.

As far as I know, the previous owner brought the bike from Oregon to Montana. I then purchased it in MT and brought it to Utah. I have a box to ship it in (just received a new MTB and haven’t disposed of the box) but this thing is super heavy and it would cost a bit to ship. I would also worry about the fenders getting bent.

I figured I would see if anyone wants it here because of the love for these types of bikes. I want it to go to a good home and not get destroyed.

Is it still for sale? What’s your asking price?

Schwinn heavy duti is a large comfy very well made bike and usually inexpensive. I’m 6’2 and its perfect. I have a straight 8 and not a fan of the electra pedal forward system.....maybe i just live in a hilly area.

Attachments

• D87E92B7-4527-4A43-94F9-9020A5FF3CD5.jpeg
    D87E92B7-4527-4A43-94F9-9020A5FF3CD5.jpeg
    578.9 KB · Views: 127
I’m in minnesota too Bus’s n bikes! What are you into? I have many felt cruisers.

I'm in Iowa but would drive for a Felt MP or Felt project frame and fork. Where in MN are you?

Also, the Electra Indy and their other tank bikes use the same frame as the Delivery.

View attachment 157702I found this sight about a year ago and have lurked here ever since. I found a Felt MP Rat Patrol after I sold my Electra Staight 8 a few years ago and my Rat Fink before that.

How tall are you?

I can probably bring this to Southern Cal at Thanksgiving. Just in case someone wants it that lives there

I’m not going that way this year. It is still available. I’ll drop the price to $400 and can get it to CA at some point, not sure when.

Latest posts

Back