New guy in AZ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New here although been lurking a bit, I love things with wheels and things with diesel engines. Anyway I have a small collection of bicycles (non-diesel:)) My 3 daily riders are a Soul Stomper "Mad Jimi" made in Mesa, AZ, a mid 1980's Schwinn Cruiser and a newly acquired Virtue "Ortho" which needs a bit of work. I also have a broken Schwinn Typhoon and 2 old Schwinn Mesa mountain bikes in mint condition that I don't ever ride and will be selling to make room for more cruisers. My bike choices are mostly influenced by my height and because I don't like to ride all hunched over. The Mad Jimi has a large frame but I even had to raise the handlebars a bit with a quill extender to be comfortable. The Virtue Ortho bike is really comfortable and might become my favorite. I followed threads by MazdaFlyer and kingfish254 on their Ortho bikes and looking forward to fixing mine up and adding some mods, also been thinking a lot about buying or building an e-bike.

Attachments

• mad jimi.jpg
    mad jimi.jpg
    557.9 KB · Views: 47
  • schwinn cruiser.jpg
    schwinn cruiser.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 55
  • ortho.jpg
    ortho.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 56
  • mtn.jpg
    mtn.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 46
Welcome! I lived in the east valley from 2003-08. I miss the year-round riding and all the cool cruisers. Enjoy!

Ah, gotcha. I guess I misread your post. Yeah, lots of IA-AZ connections cause winter here sucks!

New here although been lurking a bit, I love things with wheels and things with diesel engines. Anyway I have a small collection of bicycles (non-diesel:)) My 3 daily riders are a Soul Stomper "Mad Jimi" made in Mesa, AZ, a mid 1980's Schwinn Cruiser and a newly acquired Virtue "Ortho" which needs a bit of work. I also have a broken Schwinn Typhoon and 2 old Schwinn Mesa mountain bikes in mint condition that I don't ever ride and will be selling to make room for more cruisers. My bike choices are mostly influenced by my height and because I don't like to ride all hunched over. The Mad Jimi has a large frame but I even had to raise the handlebars a bit with a quill extender to be comfortable. The Virtue Ortho bike is really comfortable and might become my favorite. I followed threads by MazdaFlyer and kingfish254 on their Ortho bikes and looking forward to fixing mine up and adding some mods, also been thinking a lot about buying or building an e-bike.
Welcome aboard. 😎

Latest posts

Back