What do you have in the works?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to get the Quintana Roo back to its former glory and gift it to my son. No repaint 'cuz that would be improper and imprudent. NOS crankset parts coming from Italy.
IMG_4301.jpg

I want to get my Specialized Team StumpJumper restored to near original condition with a few personalized touches. Forks are FUBAR and need rebuilt. I have sourced a kit for that. No repaint. This one's for me!
IMG_4107.jpg

I'd like to resto-mod this Giant Attraction into something of a gravel bike/urban cruiser. No repaint. This one's for me also, 'cuz I'm greedy!
IMG_4114.jpg

Since no repaints (or wheelset swaps) are involved with any of these projects, I can do this over the winter in an unheated garage.
Relatively inexpensively.
Yeah. Right. :rolleyes:

So...what y'all got goin' on who live in places where the weather slows things down?

MBBO is up next for me. Have a metric ton of random BMX and Walmart bike stuff I'll use as well as lots of sanding and painting as usual. Gotta go cheap. All my bike budget went to house repairs 😔

Then this Gary Fisher I picked from the garbage is getting a facelift with parts pile stuff as well

IMG_20210531_090956236.jpg

Pseudo around town pump track type build. Stripped, painted, lighter, cooler.
Frame is too small for me to use for any distance

It's an interesting thing. I buy used vehicles, a Honda of a given year goes for more than the corresponding Acura. People don't want to be seen in older luxury, it loses status with age. In my town, pizza guys are driving Infinity G37 coupes because they're trash in the big city. I pick up better vehicles for thousands less because a junk Acura is still a status upgrade for a guy like me.

Last edited:
I’ve been on the hunt for a 30’s-40’s cwc frame/fork with a straight down tube and taller head tube for a while and snagged this one plus a few other parts from it. Unfortunately the original paint is gone but I’m going to rattle can some black on it to look like the bike in the second photo. Earlier this year I was lucky to find a wheel set with Japanese araya rims for $20 with an early narrow nexus 7 hub. It should fit with minor spreading of the rear triangle and will help get this beast up the steep hills around the city.
3ECB4137-6B40-442C-B84E-71CCE92EEFED.jpeg

01FAFD37-1F52-4716-B7FC-A4D49435DCF7.jpeg

I’ve been on the hunt for a 30’s-40’s cwc frame/fork with a straight down tube and taller head tube for a while and snagged this one plus a few other parts from it. Unfortunately the original paint is gone but I’m going to rattle can some black on it to look like the bike in the second photo. Earlier this year I was lucky to find a wheel set with Japanese araya rims for $20 with an early narrow nexus 7 hub. It should fit with minor spreading of the rear triangle and will help get this beast up the steep hills around the city.View attachment 175543
View attachment 175545
Nice prewar Roadmaster! Also a rare reflector badge. Can you tell me the frame number, so the exact year can be identified?

Thanks. The serial # begins with an E which I believe makes it a 1939. The frame looks to be in very good condition although I wouldn’t know if the newer paint is hiding any previous damage or repairs.

I didn’t bother buying the reflector head badge as it was too expensive. I will just put a standard Roadmaster badge on it. I have a rigid swan fork and may choose to use it rather than the shockmaster.

The nexus 7 hub fit with a little force so I will use it for now. I am still trying to decide if I should paint the frame or maybe even leave it raw metal with a rust proof coating.

As you can see in the photos It is a big frame compared to the 1936 Schwinn I have. The head tube is 6” rather than 5” and the same as most of the lady’s bikes of the era. The head tube on my ‘53 roadmaster is 5 1/4”. The frame looks way stronger than the Schwinn too in the rear section.

EBB01C2F-9C41-4BFC-8AC7-76284458BFB3.jpeg

5702E984-16E2-4DF2-BCB4-581EE6CF9A19.jpeg

5170F00C-8B77-46A3-8F97-AB9FE7655778.jpeg

BCEC1B04-DB48-43CD-8787-B7C8D580946B.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back