1980 mustang build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ingola

Canadian Collection Connoisseur
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20220326_150226236.jpg

Got this 1980 CCM mustang for 40 bucks so pretty much free for you Americans. The guy I got it off made this tiny mountain bike with it
IMG_20220401_172400466.jpg

I pulled off the BMX parts found a home for the parts. Replaced fork with original going to get seat, handle bars, and fenders tomorrow

I pulled off the BMX parts found a home for the parts.
Oh did you? Hehehe... Looking good already. You're putting pressure on me to get her Blue Angel version fixed up. They'd look awesome on a ride together. Just telling her you were doing this one got her all excited at the prospect.

Canadian bike lesson:
@ingola has the CCM Mustang version of this frame. There was also a twin version made under the Supercycle Blue Angel name. The lovely Ms Dice has that one, been hers since brand new.
IMG_20200530_124155376.jpg

Really. They called it Blue Angel. I can almost hear Papa D laughing about it

Oh did you? Hehehe... Looking good already. You're putting pressure on me to get her Blue Angel version fixed up. They'd look awesome on a ride together. Just telling her you were doing this one got her all excited at the prospect.
Let's get her cleaned up

Canadian bike lesson:
@ingola has the CCM Mustang version of this frame. There was also a twin version made under the Supercycle Blue Angel name. The lovely Ms Dice has that one, been hers since brand new.
View attachment 189702
Really. They called it Blue Angel. I can almost hear Papa D laughing about it
Is the back wheel 24 inch? That'll clean up really nice.

It looks bigger than the front one in the picture, but I don't even know. I haven't done a thing with it. It's pretty sacred to her, so it took convincing to get her approval to restore. Seeing what you are doing has been helpful

It looks bigger than the front one in the picture, but I don't even know. I haven't done a thing with it. It's pretty sacred to her, so it took convincing to get her approval to restore. Seeing what you are doing has been helpful
I'll send you more restored stuff to show her

Got the seat and handlebars hoping to get fenders I found a 3 speed sturmey archer hub hoping to be able to but a break on not sure about the handlebars yet and maybe a 24 inch in the back
View attachment 189698
Looking good so far.. I do believe you may have clearance problems with a 24" wheel on the back, but if it works out it will be a NEATO BEATO bike.. .. Good luck... Razin...

Latest posts

Back