2 Cool 4 Skool, Chopper-Up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SPRING IS FINALLY HERE.

I was thinking as Im re-doing the seat, why not add some Harley springs under the front of it to give a bit of suspension, at the beginning of the build, boxing in the top third of the frame probably wasnt really needed so I decided to do away with it. The sissy bar isnt actually sprung anymore but part of the frame and now the seat will hinge on it.

seat-springs-Chopper-Up.jpg

Ive removed the seat post as that was the actual Raleigh Chopper original swivel attachment, but left the connection for the seat post as Im planning on fitting a DaB/MP3 Retro radio there.

seat-frame-on-springs2.jpg

Im pleased that I thought of the springs before rebuilding the seat as quite a bit of metal bracketry was needed to be welded on to make them fit and once the seat foam and cover was fitted, it wasn't coming off again.

seat-frame-on-springs1.jpg

Of all the building so far of 2Cool4Skool (Chopper-Up) recovering the seat wasn't really a job I was looking forward to, never having done a bike seat before, its not that it was difficult just fiddly making sure each side was even and no wrinkles.

under fitting.jpg

I was quite relieved when it was done.

left-side-seat.jpg

I haven't tried it yet as Im in my dirty gear, same as washing my hands before touching the hand grips, Im sure as time goes by I wont be to fussy. :cry:

Top-right-seat.jpg

And there we have it a bit more nearer completion, although is any project ever truly finished we just reach a point where its as done as its gona be so we can move on to the next.

Video soon.

Ok Guys/Gals till next time.

Last edited:
Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids
In fact it's cold as heck
You got it, Bowie reference, Take it away Ground Control.

.................🛸
👾 👾 👾 👾
....👾 👾 👾 👾
👾 💥 👾 👾 V
V
...........❗
.......⬛ ▪️ ⬛ V◾
............❗
💥:banana: 💥 🔥
🧮 =1........... :heart: =3

I really should get out more !.

Last edited:
"That wasn't a space oddity, rocket man..."
nvsjrgr4c4j21.jpg

*Sir Elton John, photo by Terry O'Neill​

Last edited by a moderator:
"That wasn't a space oddity, rocket man..."
YOU are Correct, consider me served, I, I, I have no excuse, and me a child of the 60's, growing up listening to all the Classics.
>>>>>>'Glam overload'<<<<<<
Does not compute.
Rebooting 3.2.1. o_O............._______
(maybe I could just pretend that I knew that and he's won the prize for noticing, yea that will do it). (shut up he will hear you). (no he wont Ive put it in brackets).(pheew thats a relief).
Hey MattiThundrrr, CONGRATULATIONS you Won 🏆.

Last edited:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back