Need an idea for front fork mod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this low kustom bike pretty much ready (rode it last summer) but I need to make a little mod for the front fork to make it ride better.
I want to use the fork I have on it (just a basic and simple fork from the 50´s and 60´s) but the rake and trail is off.
Any pics of modified forks to correct this??

So, when you say take and trail are "off", in which way do you mean? Too much/little trail? Negative trail (most lowrider bikes have this issue). Bent fork? Bent /modified frame at the headtube? Without pics, this question is really hard to answer in any manner that would be helpful.

So, when you say take and trail are "off", in which way do you mean? Too much/little trail? Negative trail (most lowrider bikes have this issue). Bent fork? Bent /modified frame at the headtube? Without pics, this question is really hard to answer in any manner that would be helpful.
Problem solved. I had the pieces of an old front sprocket that I saw in to pieces earlier and used those parts to make the rike correct. Now it rides much better. Still need to find two matching nuts.
IMG_20220422_184510.jpg

That would stabilize the steering on a chopper, looks similar to a Sugar Bear springer. I'd just wanna make sure it's locked in place!

Latest posts

Back