Raven

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, new member. No pictures yet, I am still looking around for a frame. I just wanted to save the name.
Raven will not be a beautiful old pre-war like so many are building. I would LOVE to, but that's just not in the budget. I will build a newer bike, with more modern parts but hopefully with an old school "feel".
I will get some pictures up as soon as I find the frame.

tempImagesozZUL.jpg
tempImage8BeMum.jpg
tempImageworkR3.jpg
tempImageOJNi14.jpg
tempImagerNUGza.jpg
tempImage1O18He.jpg

Captain Awesome showed me how to post pics. Many thanks.

The picture of my assistant was supposed to be the last one, and the side view of the frame was supposed to be first.

The frame is a Murray 6 speed, year unknown, but the guy I got it from thinks it is mid-80s. It seems to be in good condition, no cracks, no dings...it almost seems to be a shame to cover all that pretty paint.....

The frame is a Murray 6 speed, year unknown, but the guy I got it from thinks it is mid-80s. It seems to be in good condition, no cracks, no dings...it almost seems to be a shame to cover all that pretty paint.....
That silver sticker at the base of the seat mast should have it's born on date on it. If not, there should be a serial stamped on the head tube.

I'm guessing early 90s. Great frame to do anything you desire to...there were a ~bazillion made. :grin:

You can rearrange the pics...it's a hassle, but doable.

Congrats! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the fun of an RRB Build Off @Ravenshurst ! That Murray frame set will be a great starting point for a build.
I have a bunch of bike parts in my stash that I'd be willing to 'part' with, send me a note in Conversations (click on that little envelop icon next to your profile name in the top right corner, then 'Start a Conversation' )

Also, I see you are from Tucson. You've got one of our top builders, @sdframe right there in your fair city. He would be a great resource, and creative mind to pick!

RaT oN~!

RustyGold: Thanks for the information. I will check.....

OddJob: Thanks for letting me know about @sdframe. Also, I may need some of those parts you're willing to part with.....

Ifitsfreeitsforme: Thank you.....

MattiThundrrr: Mag wheels and disc brake was the plan before I ever got the frame....and maybe, in the far far future, 3-speed....

I can see some way cool potential with that frame setup.
Dive in and go for it.

Create build ride 👍

Quick update: no new pictures, nothing new to show yet. I have ordered a stem, handlebars, and a new fork, but nothing has arrived yet, so nothing to take pictures of. I am starting to come down with a cold, but tomorrow is my day off, so hopefully tomorrow is sanding and painting, and THEN I can post some pics. A member is giving me a crankset - FREE - so that is taken care of....
Tomorrow is gonna be a good day. Sure hope the sun is shining....lol...

Welcome to RRB and to the fun/madness of the build off!

That silver sticker at the base of the seat mast should have it's born on date on it. If not, there should be a serial stamped on the head tube.

I'm guessing early 90s. Great frame to do anything you desire to...there were a ~bazillion made. :grin:

You can rearrange the pics...it's a hassle, but doable.

Congrats! :thumbsup:
RustyGold, the lettering on that silver sticker is completely gone. It is just a plain silver sticker. So, which part of the serial number is the year? Not that it really matters, but I am curious. I have found pictures of mid 90s 'Murray Beach Comber 6' online. Same color, even.

Serial numbers for Murray changed in the the late 80s or early 90s. If I remember correctly, there may be two sets of numbers on the head tube, one of which should start with MO#. The # is the last digit of the year. Decade has to be inferred by graphics, fork type, etc. That unicrown fork, the graphics, and being a six speed scream 90s to me.

Latest posts

Back