🍺 Anita Brewski 🍺- Bullhorns go bye bye

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next we can move on to some fun bits

We started here

IMG_20220531_130459433~2.jpg

Some old Razor BMX bar and stem and some rusty newsboy bars

Whoops.............

IMG_20220531_133322965~2.jpg

And then somehow we wound up here

IMG_20220531_140907937~2.jpg

Hopefully that conveys as well in photos as it does in my dusty brain

Ok, so.............

How's about this? Slapped on this polo seat for an eyeball and stuck some wheels in place

View attachment 195278View attachment 195279

That crank fought me all the way but nothing a maul and 36" cheater bar couldn't solve 👍

Speaking of, I got my chainrings from Husky. Got this 3.5 lowrider crank from the stash

View attachment 195280
Pretty sure these cranks came from @RustyGold when he sold me a bunch of Bratz bike parts for my BO15 bike

I love the "cycle" of parts around this place

I've got some forks coming from @Pedalpat that I think will be my first pass on the next big build for me. Maybe BO18? Who knows

I am seeing a mental picture of Burt Munro, lying on top of his motorcycle in his swim trunks, doing 200 miles an hour.
You mean Rollie Free 😉

This'll be more like a tall man with his knees in his chin and outstretched arms

And yes, that polo seat will have struts. No sissy bar, just struts
When did it become a “polo” seat?

That was always either a banana seat or a stingray seat. Was actual polo involved?

Did bicycle polo become a thing or something? (…a thing or something? That’s the most grammatically awkward thing I’ve said so far today.)

When did it become a “polo” seat?

That was always either a banana seat or a stingray seat. Was actual polo involved?

Did bicycle polo become a thing or something? (…a thing or something? That’s the most grammatically awkward thing I’ve said so far today.)
1. Yes bicycle polo is a thing. Very popular in NYC actually

2. I didn't invent it. Just using the same verbiage but has nothing to do with the above

Screenshot_20220602-125459.png

I’m not suggesting that any of you folks made that name up, because I have seen it on the Internet as well. But I certainly didn’t understand it unless it’s some European thing or some copyright business.

Latest posts

Back