Rustic Hiawatha

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! Hoping someone can help me identify this louvered long tank skiptooth Hiawatha that followed me home today. Serial number J07273 with a bendix hub. Thanks for looking!
20220605_183502.jpg
20220605_183409.jpg

If there is no other letters under the BB...it looks to be 1946 CWC (Cleveland Welding Co.) made. The tank is the same as what came on the Hawthorne Comet (CWC bike).

Cool score!
Thank you so much! Now I know how to proceed with a comet inspired build hahahha

I LOVE the curve of CWC stays, and that louvered tank is incredible! Super sweet ride
Yes! the louvered tank sold me on the bike. really want to make sure they are a showcase feature when im done. . .not going resto, but i believe i will leave the chain guard and tank patina with a clear coat so that the louvers pop!

Very cool bike.
I used to steal my mom's old Hiawatha and ride the tires off it. She never minded as she never ride it she just liked the name of it.
I gotta find me an old Hiawatha bike again 🤔

Very cool bike.
I used to steal my mom's old Hiawatha and ride the tires off it. She never minded as she never ride it she just liked the name of it.
I gotta find me an old Hiawatha bike again 🤔
Do iiiiiiit! such a good looking frame!

Latest posts

Back