Howdy from Duluth MN… ‘74 Speedster Camelback

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings!

Bought this ‘74 Speedster on CL recently.

A8E5F052-8652-4C8F-B01B-6ECA685582C1.png

Saw the listing and though “what cool bike!”!… kept revisiting the posting and became more and more intrigued. While researching the specifics of the Speedster, found the Rat Rod Bike Forum and it’s expansive information resource and inspired camaraderie.

Payday arrived, met the seller… here I am!

9D7D602B-7FB8-4F4D-899B-6B761A0B6F77.jpeg

I will start a thread on its rehab as I have some questions and in need of assurances!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Back in the ‘60s I pedaled my old Schwinn Tornado all over Duluth. From Enger Tower to Woodland Hills, and Chester bowl to the steam bridge on Park Point. I guess it’s electric nowadays. It was diesel by the 60’s.

There weren’t enough mosquitoes for us so we moved up to Lake of the Woods.

That’s a cool ride for sure! A build like this is an example of the siren song that led me here!
Unortunately those frames are far too small for me, so I flipped it. The attraction of that style frame with a 26" BMX build made me build it, no regrets.

Welcome to the forum. Back in the ‘60s I pedaled my old Schwinn Tornado all over Duluth. From Enger Tower to Woodland Hills, and Chester bowl to the steam bridge on Park Point. I guess it’s electric nowadays. It was diesel by the 60’s.

There weren’t enough mosquitoes for us so we moved up to Lake of the Woods.
With rides to those locations you would develop legs of iron! I do enjoy riding up in the Woodlands and out to Park Point. Moving here was the impetus to start cycling again since there are so many trail/path options!
Was hoping the long cold winter would have reduced the numbers of those blood sucking demons but they are out in force 🦟🦟😱🦟

They just get sucked into your slip stream and hang with you!

They have done wonders here eliminating mosquitoes. They have all kinds of mosquito abatement people and have been releasing sterile mosquitoes for a long time.

But this is the desert and we don’t let water be just any old place it wants to. I’m afraid in Minnesota there’s no way to stop them.

MMPHMV thats fer sure.

You maybe haven’t met any real Minnesota muskeg mega-mosquitoes living high up there in Colorado.

If the little buggers were any bigger they could steal your whole bicycle.

But it’s not a problem here. Too dry.

You maybe haven’t met any real Minnesota muskeg mega-mosquitoes living high up there in Colorado.
Dunno aboot Minnesota skeeters, however the voracious beasts that inhabit the Grand Mesa are the worst I've ever encountered, including some of the worst places on military installations throughout the Southerstern US. Fort Stewart, GA gets honorable mention in that realm. The Grand Mesa skeeters helped name a MTB route "No Rest For The Wicked" due to them raining out of the trees in the Dark Forest 25 miles into a 28 mile route.

^^^^ … you all are cracking me up!!^^^^^
I lived 12 years in Santa Fe prior where the blood sucking bug index was negligible but grew up on the Jersey coast and Houston where it is not!! I can deal with the skeeters and flies… it’s the ticks which keep me out of the woods right now!!!

Latest posts

Back