Is the Muscle Bike Build Off Annual?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not even done with my rat rod bike, but surfing this site, scrolling through all the pictures...there is some incredible inspiration here! I have a few ideas for a muscle bike...
Is the MBBO every year? If so, how long do I have to track down some parts?
Thanks.
Yes and no. The winter build-off is usually a bit of a discussion as to what it will entail. So while it is a sort of tradition, nothing is certain I would say. If the interest level is low there's always a chance it could be something else

OK. Thanks Cap. I may have to build a muscle bike "just because". I had a kicking' Raleigh Chopper when I was a kid. Ahhhh, the memories...

Perhaps I should finish Raven first......

Oh, yeah...I also have an idea for my NEXT rat rod bike, LOL.

Lots of great stuff on this forum

OK. Thanks Cap. I may have to build a muscle bike "just because". I had a kicking' Raleigh Chopper when I was a kid. Ahhhh, the memories...

Perhaps I should finish Raven first......

Oh, yeah...I also have an idea for my NEXT rat rod bike, LOL.

Lots of great stuff on this forum
Chances are good that there will be a MBBO

signs_point.jpg

Is the MBBO every year?
I hope so
IMG_20220617_101538908~2.jpg

That blue and white beauty is long overdue for a resto.*
The last one ran from Nov 1/21 to March 1/22 and was combined with an Off Road Build Off. There was plenty of interest, so I assume the next will be similar. Combining themes seems to help keep the numbers up during the off season, each was run as a separate class.

*Lol just realized that the GT is front is an option for the off road Build Off, and if I do muscle again, I will have missed TWO Off Road contests in a row. Decisions decisions.

Well, can you be in both build offs at once? Or is it too much of a time crunch? I know nothing about off road bikes, so I have no idea what is involved in building one.
The rest of the worlds winter building time is our best riding time....

Well, can you be in both build offs at once? Or is it too much of a time crunch? I know nothing about off road bikes, so I have no idea what is involved in building one.
The rest of the worlds winter building time is our best riding time....
Same as in the current build off. You can have one entry in each

Thanks Cap. Off road biking kinda scares me. I have a 4wd old Chevy Suburban that I love, and I have been riding motorcycles most of my life, but I have never been on a dirt bike. Pretty sure that at my age I never will be, lol. I don't bounce anymore......

Even though Muscle Bikes are my least favorite they are still one of the most popular. I think we should keep them going for the Winter BO. That said, we also have had a second class/category like Offroad or BMX which lets the klunkers get in the buildoff without resorting to banana seats and apes ( which you might like but come on, they're NOT muscle bikes ) The thought comes to mind, why not a third category? I've been here 9 yrs and we talk about skinny tire builds and folks squeeze them into other build offs when they can but we've never had a SKINNY TIRE class in any build off. How about it, is it time, is there an interest?

GuitarlCarl

Even though Muscle Bikes are my least favorite they are still one of the most popular. I think we should keep them going for the Winter BO. That said, we also have had a second class/category like Offroad or BMX which lets the klunkers get in the buildoff without resorting to banana seats and apes ( which you might like but come on, they're NOT muscle bikes ) The thought comes to mind, why not a third category? I've been here 9 yrs and we talk about skinny tire builds and folks squeeze them into other build offs when they can but we've never had a SKINNY TIRE class in any build off. How about it, is it time, is there an interest?

GuitarlCarl
Always worth having a conversation. Just make sure anything that we throw out we have some type of a definition for it. What defines a skinny tire build in your opinion?

650-700 x 30 max, 26 3/8 to 27 1/4, gotta let 28 vintage in... It's almost easier to list what isn't. There might be examples of a thin 24" tire I don't know. I'm seeing fixies, derailleurs and 3 speeds. Classic diamond frames and their derivatives. Gotta look lean to be mean.

GC

Latest posts

Back