Raven

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The black with red trim reminds me of the Barris version (tv) of the Batmobile. It is a good look.
batmobile-1966-900x506.jpg

Does she seem too high in the front? I can't decide if the fork is an inch or two long or not....I need to get tires soon...and tubes...and a chain...and a cog...and a seat....and a post....and...and...

I'm digging it. It's gonna be cool when the tires fill it out more.

RH, will you use an adapter for the disc brake caliper in the rear then? I have used them, and can make a recommendation if needed.

It's really hard to beat that classic black, red , white color combo! Looks so clean and flows well. Love the gloss decals on the flat black of the fork!

Thanks OJ. That's not decals, just gloss paint and tape. And stencils . Yes, I am going to have to use an adapter. I have one that I can make work with a bit of fabricobbling, but I would certainly welcome any advice for something better. Adapters for diagonal dropouts seem to be pretty rare....
Flat black, red wheels, and whitewalls was the way I saw her when I first started thinking about a bicycle......

Last edited:
I definitely think the bike sits a little high up front compared to basically every “widget” bike that rolls off a factory floor.

with that said, I think the unique geometry and the hopped up front is AWESOME.

your cafe style bars offset the higher stance which to me looks totally, totally cool.
Would you be offended if I said "Hey Jude"?
I also think it sits a little high without a rider, though as @RustyGold said, it will probably squish down....I am not sure if I like the way it looks just parked, though.
Thanks a lot for the kind words.

I know what a widget is....what is a "widget" bike?

Last edited:
Love how the Raven's coming along! It's tough to beat the classic combo of red on black paint with whitewall tires. I especially like the red bearing cups and gloss black details; they really help add some contrast to the flat black paint on the frame! Yeah, the fork's a bit tall, but on a bike like this, I think it looks just fine. I don't think I realized just how long Murray maintained most of the classic lines of their cantilever bikes. Aside from a few subtle changes, that frame looks largely similar to the first ones they made all the way back in the late 1950s! Looking forward to seeing the Raven take flight! You're doing great!

Also, I figured you might appreciate this...

It's just coming together on this one. Honestly, I wouldn't personally have even considered those wheels. Now I couldn't imagine any other wheels for this one. They add so much to this bike. The disc brakes, suspension mods and wheels are like upgrades that would be made on an old hot rod chassis. 🏁

Thank you very much Kevin. That was the plan before I ever bought the frame, modern upgrades on a classic (looking) machine, but still keeping the old skool vibe......

Latest posts

Back