🍺 Anita Brewski 🍺- Bullhorns go bye bye

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the road traveling for work and had some time to kill today so I stopped in a small hole in the wall bike shop and scored! While making small talk I found out they had a set of thick slicks in the back "forever" that somebody ordered and never came back for. $25 for the pair! And the nice guys at my following meeting boxed them up and shipped them from Pennsylvania to my house no cost! Winning

I won't use them on this build but an update is an update 🤑
Missed out on a set of the these on the bay last week. Can,t find them any where

Well................I was contemplating a fork change and decided to knock the BB cups out so I could put in a good set and mount the crank to eyeball everything.

BB has a crack in it. Aluminum. Sigh....... Explains some of the water and salt corrosion that was in the bearings and maybe why I had to cut the entire crank assembly out. Didn't see the crack before or I caused it trying to break the crank free 🤷‍♂️

It was free. Not complaining too much. Back to the pile to see what I got for a frame change

Keeping the bars though no matter what

That sux man! But yeah! Those wicked bars gotta stay!

BB has a crack in it. Aluminum. Sigh....... Explains some of the water and salt corrosion that was in the bearings and maybe why I had to cut the entire crank assembly out. Didn't see the crack before or I caused it trying to break the crank free 🤷‍♂️
After learning this lesson way too many times, frameset cleaning and inspection are one of the first checks I complete. Even so, sometimes cracks get missed until paint restoration.

After learning this lesson way too many times, frameset cleaning and inspection are one of the first checks I complete. Even so, sometimes cracks get missed until paint restoration.
youre-right-im-an-idiot.gif

Cap, you ain't that bad, I can top that. As of last week, this Rockadile was still being ridden.
View attachment 196835
@ingola did you convince him to retire it yet?
Yes it's in my backyard.its even worse on the other side. He thought it was the rock shocks. He works where I work and was doing 12 km 7.5 miles)everyday beside transports.

The search continues.......

Big thanks to @kingfish254 who put me on to a Schwinn tanker but it didn't pan out. Must have been sold before I even got around to asking. Went and looked at a 3G frame a local told me about but it has a bent head and down tube junction (rental bike life)

I added another Cranbrook frame to the pile so I have those if it comes down to it. Also have a lead on a Caloi cruiser to see

And if all else fails I'll use the Monterrey I've been holding onto

In Florida for a mini vacation for the Mrs birthday. If I can find some deals I may try and get something in the back of her Cadillac. If not I'm just going to surge ahead with one of the Huffy frames I already have upon my return

Hopefully next week I can actually get something done

Latest posts

Back