Canadian metal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow those leathery grips look great. How or where did you learn to do this?

If I ever get injured and in need of stitches, I'll know where to go.

The build looks really good and nice location/bike pictures a few posts back.

Wow those leathery grips look great. How or where did you learn to do this?

If I ever get injured and in need of stitches, I'll know where to go.

The build looks really good and nice location/bike pictures a few posts back.
I love leather grips and when I seen the price I crapped my pants I said I can do that and I did

Yeah, tough job, that's a lot of curves to work around. The seam looks tight and straight, really looking right. I'll take the hand cramps as payback for all the polishing you've been pressuring me into

Yeah, tough job, that's a lot of curves to work around. The seam looks tight and straight, really looking right. I'll take the hand cramps as payback for all the polishing you've been pressuring me into
I got you to use the autosul small victory.

Wow~! Sweet work on those leather laced grips! How does that 'forked' tool work?

These are the kind of innovative and 'cool factors' that put builders in contention for an OddJob Award......... :nerd:

:nerd:fixed it for scope

That reminds me, have we gotten an "Awards" thread going yet?
Probably a month out for the awards thread.
"Patience, grasshopper. When you can grab the OJ from my hand, then you will be ready for an awards thread."

Wow~! Sweet work on those leather laced grips! How does that 'forked' tool work?

These are the kind of innovative and 'cool factors' that put builders in contention for an OddJob Award......... :nerd:
Make a straight line the line up the fork and smack it with a hammer. The trick is to keep the holes equal on both sides. I start out by using three forks leaving one off the leather then every time you use the fork put the first fork in the last hole.

Make a straight line the line up the fork and smack it with a hammer. The trick is to keep the holes equal on both sides. I start out by using three forks leaving one off the leather then every time you use the fork put the first fork in the last hole.
Ah cha cha. It's the hole punch for the leather. Gotcha.

IMG_20220709_085250173.jpg

Well had some scraps
IMG_20220709_100753094.jpg

IMG_20220709_101559641.jpg
IMG_20220709_104417954.jpg

Love my raddlers on Saturday rides

WOW!!! Those grips are superb!!
Nice work!

Latest posts

Back