(Rigid Rodent) name change ... Tireless Trainer ... finished!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shade shot.
Hot Rods are rolling in for Tuesdsy cruise night.
20220712_161114.jpg

I just saw this pic while looking back at yeshoney's PaintItBlack BO7 build and thought you would get a kick out of it.

1658341142816.png

Love the old school early MX bikes.

A Huffy Thunder Road was my first NEW bike I ever got. It goes down as one of the best Christmas gifts I was ever given. It was ALSO the first bike I started taking apart and putting back together. Eventually it became a RAT BMX before I knew what a RAT was.

That thing had a pair of yellow Lester aluminum mags. That's what the guy got the bike for. Then he gave what seen in the picture.
The loaf seat and the steer handlebars just so happened to be sitting here by my garage door. ; was planning to put back onto : bike took off; I went ahead and took the wheels off of that bike and put them on it as well

All needed is: chain, pedals, tube.. not been
To store for tube, & chain.

On July 15th my dad hsd a massive surgery. His carotid artery was 90% blocked he had 6 Strokes.
& he not allow to drive till hopefull Tues. Aug. 2nd.
Well i nit bedn able to drive for 26 yr now .... so @Kay ,,
Has been doing alit if driving oast couple weeks..
Well Monday we got her to drive us to look & buy this 1955 panel.
The guy drove it over to my dad's friends house which was close to where we bought it. Hopefully, the doctor we'll say it is okay for him to start driving on tuesday. If so you know him and me will be out taking a ride in this bad boy.
48934.jpeg
294107962_10224294827010740_7447236026827630990_n~2.jpg
49093~2.jpeg
20220720_160827.jpg

47806.jpeg
294065829_10224291890417327_4065165674089191026_n~2.jpg

I bought a 57 pickup with the 235 motor up in Washington state when I first joined the Navy. It was a Highway Dept truck originally, heavy duty. It had a 55 grill on it so it looked like a 55. Start pedal on the floor. I wish I still had it.

O M G ! When I see pictures like this, and realize that your dad is years younger than I am, I am urged to get on my bicycle and go!

It really makes me feel like I suffer from lack of exercise, and when I want to stand and tinker at the bench, I should be out there working the heart muscle.

Best wishes and recovery for everyone up that way @KJV 👍

That panel is rad. I'll swing by and take it for a spin! 😃

Hope the surgery went well to get your dad on his feet and behind the wheel again, Tom. That panel truck is sweet!
I could see hauling rat rod bikes around in that for sure!

He doing fairly well : hopefully on Tuesday they will tell him he's able to start driving again.:
He only got to take a ride in the panel. And I have not rudden in it yet.
We had @Kay drive us over to his friends where the truck is now, last evening and we give it a little bath. Me with a can of comet and a bucket of water and sponge with green scratch pad, and him with the hose. We had black primer all over both of us before the night was over. Lol

Yes, I'm sure that will be a rat rod bike or two in the rear of this truck at some point. There will also be 50s and 60s Chevrolet racing parts in the back of this truck for sale at cruise nights and shows.

Making memories

I bought a 57 pickup with the 235 motor up in Washington state when I first joined the Navy. It was a Highway Dept truck originally, heavy duty. It had a 55 grill on it so it looked like a 55. Start pedal on the floor. I wish I still had it.

This ine us passenger delete ...
The guy say, he trew the 1 original seat away :headbang:
Would be nice to know what kind of business this was used for. I would say the doors have been changed because someone probably snagged the doors off of it at some point to put on a pickup truck because it probably had sign on them. Oh well, we'll see how things turn out on this journey. Regardless of how the truck turns out in the end.;
Anytime that I get to spend with my father will be priceless.

Latest posts

Back