🍺 Anita Brewski 🍺- Bullhorns go bye bye

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I retired from engineering I also gave up the CNC business. These modern aluminum & plastic desktop machines are pretty amazing though.

At some point I may have to stop buying bicycle parts and get one.
At my current job, we have some 3D printed aluminum. I was sceptic at first, but now baffled by the quality. Tests on its fatique strength soon.

Awesome work with the logo Captain!

At my current job, we have some 3D printed aluminum. I was sceptic at first, but now baffled by the quality. Tests on its fatique strength soon.

Awesome work with the logo Captain!
It's amazing stuff. I have a couple of engineers at our R&D facility working on some 3d printed lugs for bicycle building. Just government work on the side but they are confident they'll be able to make them in stainless for me

It's funny I haven't been employed in a truly engineering or cnc role in 15 years but when my current company figured out I have several robotics certificates they were quick to come asking. Now they send me to new starts to oversee the cell setups rather than contracting it out. Good to stay sharp I guess in case my current role ever went wrong side up. Doubtful, pretty recession proof and always in demand

Last company I worked for built industrial/large commercial 3D printers. I have a sample platform of very intricate parts printed in 17-4 stainless steel. You can print any shape, feature, etc you can think of. The only real advantage of machining over 3D metal printing was surface finish...the prints have an almost cast looking surface.

Last company I worked for built industrial/large commercial 3D printers. I have a sample platform of very intricate parts printed in 17-4 stainless steel. You can print any shape, feature, etc you can think of. The only real advantage of machining over 3D metal printing was surface finish...the prints have an almost cast looking surface.
That's what I'm hoping for

I still want see this happen.

1660228111657.png

Ok, this has to count towards bike building and not just horsing around

Still dialing in the settings on some of the in fill. But that's why these cheap test cuts are nice

Stencil letters for raised chain guard accent. 4" disk for under polo seat in place of reflector. Small ape oval to see if I can steam form a headbadge contour

IMG_20220812_120218619.jpg

Very cool
MO BEER
NO FEAR

Ok, this has to count towards bike building and not just horsing around

Still dialing in the settings on some of the in fill. But that's why these cheap test cuts are nice

Stencil letters for raised chain guard accent. 4" disk for under polo seat in place of reflector. Small ape oval to see if I can steam form a headbadge contour

View attachment 204051
View attachment 204052
I'm going to steal that
To steam form burn with grain going the direction you want to form it I've done this making fenders and tape till bone dry a few days.

Dude! The ocean wave lool of those is even cooler than your original layout!
Those are awesome!!

Dude! The ocean wave lool of those is even cooler than your original layout!
Those are awesome!!
It worked out aesthetically as well as the best option for a decent reach. It was a hard mock up without the rest of the bike together to sit on. Used the kids Cranbrook as a stand in.

Latest posts

Back