The next build off? Plans for the future

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which would interest you?

• Off Road

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Muscle

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Skinny

Votes: 22 59.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Restoration or scratch build? :bigsmile:
View attachment 210317
View attachment 210318
...there is a 'head' light currently on eBay...
View attachment 210319
No….Like this of course.
3DFF8824-570D-4442-B835-315C22837DB7.jpeg
But with big duck lips.

Reading this thread is reminding me why I don’t operate forum contests.

By the way, my Centurion skinny bike mockup has turned out to be a total bust, because my legs just will never be long enough to ride it.

I’m thinking that if I end up making a WBO skinny bike it’s gonna be a class two.

But I was really thinking about cutting up that bike for custom springer parts. That means hunting for another skinny bike frame.

Should be easy. It is the fat bikes that are hard to find.

I really do wish it was rules previous to the 2019 terrible combining of the MBBO and the WBO. But nit picking is going to ruin it all I'm afraid. It's too bad because opinionated as I am, I will usually go with the flow thru all the loopholes I can find. This place is worth the hassles of discussion if y'all can just stop putting personalities before your principles. Think about this. What is really the best for the forum, regardless of what you want to do? I believe 3 buildoffs a year, two classes in each and a month off between them. Less down time, more to do and see.

I really do wish it was rules previous to the 2019 terrible combining of the MBBO and the WBO. But nit picking is going to ruin it all I'm afraid. It's too bad because opinionated as I am, I will usually go with the flow thru all the loopholes I can find. This place is worth the hassles of discussion if y'all can just stop putting personalities before your principles. Think about this. What is really the best for the forum, regardless of what you want to do? I believe 3 buildoffs a year, two classes in each and a month off between them. Less down time, more to do and see.
Absolutely with you! 👍

As long as there’s an off road build off at some point this winter I’ll be in. After all the nit picking over what a muscle bike is I have zero interest in that build off.

Whaddabout the Unofficial March Shootout?
That's an independent underground event that nobody really cares about. I only started it because there was so much time to kill, which reminds me, I still have last years trophy to send to Australia.

As long as there’s an off road build off at some point this winter I’ll be in. After all the nit picking over what a muscle bike is I have zero interest in that build off.
Nitpicking is what the discussion thread is for. Hammering out the rules, deciding what is and isn't. Theoretically it stops the crying during the events. Go back to the archives, there's been lots of different rules in all the different build offs. The discussion thread is where those things are hashed out. There's been previous discussions on the Offroad event too. That gives anyone who cares to a voice in what is happening here, rather than negativity, it's nice when positive ideas are put forward.

[
That's an independent underground event that nobody really cares about. I only started it because there was so much time to kill, which reminds me, I still have last years trophy to send to Australia.
Was my first build off here I loved it the 30 day challenge is awesome. Short time levels the playing field in a away. No time to order expensive parts works with what you have. Will be joining again this year.

[
Was my first build off here I loved it the 30 day challenge is awesome. Short time levels the playing field in a away. No time to order expensive parts works with what you have. Will be joining again this year.
That's pretty cool. I didn't think there was much interest, none of the old "pro" builders get in it. But you are right about a level playing field. Simple rules, post pics on progress and build in between the 30 day limit. Depending on what they decide to do with the other buildoffs time-slot-wise, it may move to s different date.

That's pretty cool. I didn't think there was much interest, none of the old "pro" builders get in it. But you are right about a level playing field. Simple rules, post pics on progress and build in between the 30 day limit. Depending on what they decide to do with the other buildoffs time-slot-wise, it may move to s different date.
I actually found it more challenging than the big one

Reading this thread is exhausting. I’m new around here and want to join a build off. Looking forward to finding the rules and getting started!

Honestly, I don’t have the time or patience to read all this stuff. I like @OddJob idea of a weekend update. I can find the time to watch that!

Reading this thread is exhausting. I’m new around here and want to join a build off. Looking forward to finding the rules and getting started!

Honestly, I don’t have the time or patience to read all this stuff. I like @OddJob idea of a weekend update. I can find the time to watch that!

@twojs.bike , we will be up and running very soon with the next build off thread! The new build off will always appear at the top of the Forums list. Glad you will be joining in!

What you’re saying would level the field for those who already have what they need.
Maybe my only advantage is a decent sized boneyard of bike frames stashed in my back yard. Once a few people know you tinker with bikes they very often flip them to you when they're cleaning out the garage. I've also got a stack of meh builds that I'm always gleaning for parts. I have two garages right now but will (hopefully) soon be combing them into one. I see the boneyard growing...

Latest posts

Back