"120 tooth MINI-VELO"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My lbs cuts brake cables to length. They have super long spools of both cable and the insulation in all sorts of colors and they just pull out the needed amount and cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But then the cable would not have the little knob on the end for the brake lever would it?

Luke.

Bike is stripped! Was working on it well into the night, stopped about 9pm I think, my wife came out and snapped some pics as I was finishing up:

12851682305_bbf4048991_z.jpg

12851750613_1056350674_z.jpg

12851740603_6905262f3c_z.jpg

Did some work on the bars earlier, they have the elbow pads on and the glue drying on the wetsuit material I used on them now, this is a pic from a bit earlier:

12852086364_4eb1c8e98a_z.jpg

Big day tomorrow to get it reassembled and the pics done before the deadline!

Luke.

Those bars look amazing, I can't wait to see the whole bike put together.
Great timing on your post Missing Link, I just finished the elbow pads!

12854643124_9ea9f8c32c_z.jpg

The padding is made out of old stubbie coolers, I think you call them can cozies over in the US? Anyway, an insulated cover made out of wetsuit material for putting on your beer bottle/can to stop it warming up so quick. These ones were actually Tooheys ones to give it some more Aussie flavour... :grin: (Actually they were the only ones big enough and in black that I could find!)

Really happy with how the bars came out, pretty sure more of my bikes will get winged pursuit bars in the future, really comfortable to ride with too...

Luke.

Photo dump:

12870790183_fcabdbeb51_z.jpg

12870754465_aa7772ef01_z.jpg

12870877473_86661415db_z.jpg

12870863893_66d3f1b53f_z.jpg

12870873693_b10f59409b_z.jpg

[
12870692595_578fb1fc2c_z.jpg

12871122274_66ab83e810_z.jpg

Thanks everyone who has followed along and encouraged me, this build is nothing like any of my others and I think it is just as cool as any bikes that I have made before but far more practical than most of them!

Luke.

Too cool Luke. Probably some of the smallest/ skinniest wheels for you yet, but just as unique as anything you've built thus far, and start to finish, one month, while working around fire bans. Congrats.:113:

You should get a car to follow you can clock how fast you're going.
Or get a speedometer that might be safer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should get a car to follow you can clock how fast you're going. Or get a speedometer that might be safer.
The correct way would be to chase the car on a long straight a way with no stops, a salt flat - mud flat or what have you. A car following you opens you up to being ran over. The guys trying to set records ( with big o' sprockets) chase a car and let it cut the wind for them.

Carl.

Too cool Luke. Probably some of the smallest/ skinniest wheels for you yet, but just as unique as anything you've built thus far, and start to finish, one month, while working around fire bans. Congrats.:113:
Yep, real proud of the timeframe this one was built in!

The correct way would be to chase the car on a long straight a way with no stops, a salt flat - mud flat or what have you. A car following you opens you up to being ran over. The guys trying to set records ( with big o' sprockets) chase a car and let it cut the wind for them.

Carl.
I have already had suggestions to go for a run at Lake Gairdner here in Australia, it is where all the Australian dry lakes racing is held. It is actually preferred over Bonneville by some big teams from the US, because it has a longer run off area... I wont though, that stuff is for fit people!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back